Bugbear Entertainment Preview New Wreckfest UI as Console Debut Nears

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest New UI 2.jpg

Next Car Game Wreckfest developers Bugbear Entertainment have posted a quick preview of the work in progress new UI for the game, as build up to the upcoming release continues.

Acclaimed by many of the fans already hooked on the high octane destruction derby style racing title, Wreckfest and Bugbear are continuing the development push as the title nears a full version one release state in preparation for shipping to consoles for the very first time.

Undeniably an incredibly attractive experience once inside the game, Wreckfest does struggle somewhat with what can easily be mistaken for a rather rag tag appearance. With a fairly sparse amount of content and some key features such as career and advanced paint booth still conspicuous by their absence, Bugbear still have a long way to go before the impressive underlying game engine can be maximised to its ultimate potential.

In a bid to attract a wider user base of players, and in preparation for the move to console platforms, Bugbear remain hard at work bring new features and core enhancements to the contact sport racer. One of the projects still underway by the studio include a considerable overhaul of the game UI, with a recent tweet showing the substantial progress achieved by the studio so far.

Bugbear Tweet.jpg

The new UI visuals are of course subject to change and could well differ dramatically from these images once released for the public build of the game. With that in mind, and with the potential delays experienced with these kinds of developments, understandably Bugbear are reluctant to offer an solid dates on when the update will be deployed to the general public.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for all the news on this title and the upcoming build release as and when it becomes available...

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is currently available for Windows PC via the Steam Network. A proposed release to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 is scheduled for sometime during 2017.

Wreckfest New UI.jpg

Check out the Wreckfest sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Head over to the forum and join the discussion today!

Looking forward to Wreckfest on console? What areas of the game to you believe requires further development before launching on a new platform? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wish they'd give their tracks actual names. Absolutely nothing remarkable or world building to "Gravel 1", "Tarmac 2", and "Mixed 4". I don't think anyone on PC has complained about it much, but I'd expect the console reviewers to bring it up.

Wish they'd give their tracks actual names. Absolutely nothing remarkable or world building to "Gravel 1", "Tarmac 2", and "Mixed 4". I don't think anyone on PC has complained about it much, but I'd expect the console reviewers to bring it up.

Seriously, how hard would it be!? Am I taking crazy pills here? The cars too? American 1?! European 2?!? Same with the crew. Don't call them Crew 1, Crew 2, just make them crew chiefs or mechanics that you can assign to cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%