Bug: Steering Wheel Doesn't Work Online (Feedback Needed!)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
There seems to be a number of drivers that cannot use their steeringwheels in an online session, while it seems to work okay in an offline race.

If you are one of those drivers please add feedback to this thread as this issue is still present in the current build.

Please list the following when you are encountering this issue:
  • Operating system
  • Wheel brand
  • Amount of USB devices used
  • Additional pedals or shifters of another brand used
  • Exact circumstances that you loose it
  • Happens on specific car & track combinations
  • Happens in test day / race day / online race
  • How long have you been in game before the issue occurred
Try to be as specific as possible and add as much relevant information as possible.

Please upload a trace log when you are experiencing this issue:
  • Run the game with "-trace=2" in Launch options (right click on the game in the Library - Properties - Set Launch Options")
  • "MyDocuments\Automobilista\UserData\LOG\trace.txt"
  • IMPORTANT Remove this option afterwards - it stops the config app from working! 

For me it happens nearly every time. I run a lap...go back to garage, change something on setup...back to track...no wheel anymore...sometimes even going back to garage to see lap times without changing anything, back to track and no wheel anymore.

Wheel brand - SimXperience Accuforce Pro
Amount of USB devices used - two for WheelBase, one for Pedals, one for additional Wheel Rim
Additional pedals or shifters of another brand used: HE Pro
Exact circumstances that you loose it - difficult to explain...happens nearly everytime I go back to garage and back to track.
Happens on specific car & track combinations - don't know, I tried with Extremes and V10
Happens in test day / race day / online race: only racing test days and online
How long have you been in game before the issue occurred: doesn't matter
Will make a trace log when back home.

• Operating system: Windows 8.1 64bit
  • Wheel brand: Logitech G27
  • Amount of USB devices used: 5 in total I guess, wheel, fanatec pedals, mouse, logitech headset and wireless keyboard.
  • Additional pedals or shifters of another brand used: Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Exact circumstances that you loose it: All controls seem to work until I click the Race/Go to track button.
  • Happens on specific car & track combinations: No
  • Happens in test day / race day / online race: Online
  • How long have you been in game before the issue occurred: Not even 2 minutes.
Before I go to the track, I check my control inputs and they all work. After I click the Race/Go to track button, the virtual wheel is turned to the left by about 4 degrees, all inputs from both the G27 and Fanatec pedals are ignored. I then exit back to the garage and no wheel and pedal inputs are recognized.

Attachments

• trace.txt
    213 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%