F1 2011 Bug: Pit Exit in Melbourne

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I just managed to recreate this lap after lap, with different cars too.

I used a Driving Force GT and have all assists off apart from Pit Aid. I just realised that in Melbourne (and maybe other tracks? - not tested yet), when you exit the pit, I assume because Pit Aid is on it controls the gears/acceleration on exit for you. However, it builds you up to a speed where it is impossible to take the first corner without a huge lockup/skidding off.

I was using Jenson Button in Grand Prix mode when I realised this. I even took foot off accelerator pedal on exit holding brake all the way down anticipating the corner, but it inevitably resulted in a lockup and skid.

Anyone else come across this one/able to recreate it?

It's because your tyres and brakes are cold when you exit the pits after a pit stop, check your OSD, the tyres and brakes are blue. If you brake heavily into your first 3-4 corners your brakes will heat up, by the end of your first lap out of the pits your tyres should follow suit.

Yes it's all about cold tires and brakes. Also it's not big deal if you disable the pit aid. In this game there is nothnig to do in the pit. Even the braking is automatic. And on the exit you will have the car in hands.

Just had a check and it works fine for me. If you hold your brake all the way down of course you're going to skid. Brake like it was a corner and you'll take it fine. Or just switch pit assist off. No real reason to have it on.... especially for tracks with very easy pit exits.

I've got it on PC and it gives me control immediately past the pit lane lights, so this is all very odd.
That's because you have pit assist off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back