Budget hardware and racing games

Hello guys! I'm looking for some info really hard to find, so I thought I would ask it here.
If I get an A6 6400k APU with 4 gigs of RAM, do I have the chance to play Assetto Corsa and/or rFactor 2 in multiplayer, 1366x768 low settings, with a relatively stable 25-30 FPS performance? I know it's not a very powerful APU, but most probably it's the best option for me right now if I want to build a new computer that's cheap and quiet. Just for reference, my current PC has a Pentium D in it, I think that tells you everything. (I had a new PC in plan since years but it always got cancelled due to more important things, but this time I actually started collecting components, finally:) )

Last edited:
Hello guys! I'm looking for some info really hard to find, so I thought I would ask it here.
If I get an A6 6400k APU with 4 gigs of RAM, do I have the chance to play Assetto Corsa and/or rFactor 2 in multiplayer, 1366x768 low settings, with a relatively stable 25-30 FPS performance? I know it's not a very powerful APU, but most probably it's the best option for me right now if I want to build a new computer that's cheap and quiet. Just for reference, my current PC has a Pentium D in it, I think that tells you everything. (I had a new PC in plan since years but it always got cancelled due to more important things, but this time I actually started collecting components, finally:) )
Since no one answered you and it is 2 weeks later you most likely already bought something, but i'll answer anyway.
I would go for a few euro more and get an A8 or even better a recent A10. You will be able to play both games well enough to enjoy them on low settings, above 30 fps.The A6 are meh and not worth spending money on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%