• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Budget button box recommendations sought

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Gav Elias, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Gav Elias

Gav Elias

Ratings:
    +21
    I have a Logitech G25 and looking for a budget button box setup in order to be able to easily access setting such as pit controls, brake balance, engine mapping etc.

Anyone got any recommendations? Best i found so far seems to be the Thrustmaster MFD Cougar designed for flight sims.

2. Juris

Juris

Ratings:
    +138
    You have probably seen this already but Shaun Cole of The Sim Pit did a piece on using the TM Cougar MFD's as button boxes. Add a www. to the front of this as I can't post direct links to YT here. youtube.com/watch?v=jxzGbCzzitw.

I'm going to get some Simraceway SRW-S1 wheels and strip the handles from them. If all goes well it'll give me 2 button boxes (no idea why I need 2 but I'm big on symmetry) for about 40 euro each and going to mount them onto a couple of these music stands which I'm waiting to arrive from Amazon UK. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stagg-MUS-A..._sbs_MI_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=09PD2FXKK34JAZXM8F0F with keyboard and trackpad below them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1