F1 2012 Budapest - Hungary (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Not sure what happened to my old ghost, could be something to do with todays Xbox update for the game.

I posted a time which was better then my last ghost and it was only a 1:19 something. After playing around with your setup thought I got a 1:18:0 and can easily get into the 1:17s if I keep trying. Thanks!

Not sure how good the setup would be outside Time trial, I might have to just save both and test them both out.

Its crazy how low the wings and all the other values are, but im still able to turn the car like its on 8/8 or 11/11. Feels somewhat broken to me.

I may have to drastically change some of my setups in light of this. Some of my setups have got me very high up, while others I struggle on, mostly due to lack of acceleration.

Edit: Just tried your Lumpur setup, and I can't keep up with my previous ghost. I am a few tenths behind mostly after the first sector, mostly just me not hitting the first two corners right, but im not catching up either throughout the lap.

Exactly... Strange eh. But, if it works it works. Most i go on any track now is 2/1 wing but, 1/1 can work anywhere with the right balance/suspension/alignments. You'll be shocked how much you start disappearing from your ghosts...

Shame about lumpor setup... My mate uses a pad & is pretty quick so, I'll try get some of his pad setups for u 2 try.

Exactly... Strange eh. But, if it works it works. Most i go on any track now is 2/1 wing but, 1/1 can work anywhere with the right balance/suspension/alignments. You'll be shocked how much you start disappearing from your ghosts...

Shame about lumpor setup... My mate uses a pad & is pretty quick so, I'll try get some of his pad setups for u 2 try.

Yes once I have finished all my setups, I may need to go over some and revise them. However I actually want to do some online racing, instead of constant time trials, I kinda miss the competition.

I spend way too much time doing setups then racing. It helps a lot in the long run though, because a good driver with a bad setup is horrible, while a good driver with a good setup is great.

I didn't actually make my Lumpur setup, I used somebody elses, after I found it really difficult to make one myself. It is pretty awesome through the undulations and high speed corners, something which I can't seen to nail with your setup. Maybe I just didn't spend enough time getting used to it, or it just doesn't suit me.

| Career and Multiplayer setup! |

Hey guys,
I saw some other setups of you guys, very nice! :)
This one is for the Multiplayer and the race in career of Hungary (Dry)
- I play always on Legend. 25% races.

Every single detail can better. But this is not a TT setup. so everyone knows that your tires wear out, so maybe is this really fine for people who are don't know how to make a good setup for multiplayer and career.

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 9

Braking:
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small (You can change this only in TT And in multiplayer. (Not Co-op.)

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 5
Rear Ride Height: 6
Front Spring Stiffness: 10
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 124 kph
Gear 2: 154 kph
Gear 3: 181 kph
Gear 4: 210 kph
Gear 5: 241 kph
Gear 6: 276 kph
Gear 7: 315 kph

Engine:
Fuel Map: Mix 5-6 laps for in the Qualifying

Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.40
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.13
Toe Rear: 0.44

Qualifying 1: 1:20.482 (Primes)
Qualifying 2: 1:19.535 (Options)
Qualifying 3: 1:19.789 (Options)
Race (fastest lap): 1:21.769 (Primes)

THIS IS ONLY FOR CAREER AND FOR MULTIPLAYER.
I Know if your using a TT setup you will just get stuck with the gearbox, which not give you enough top speed without DRS.

Yes once I have finished all my setups, I may need to go over some and revise them. However I actually want to do some online racing, instead of constant time trials, I kinda miss the competition.

I spend way too much time doing setups then racing. It helps a lot in the long run though, because a good driver with a bad setup is horrible, while a good driver with a good setup is great.

I didn't actually make my Lumpur setup, I used somebody elses, after I found it really difficult to make one myself. It is pretty awesome through the undulations and high speed corners, something which I can't seen to nail with your setup. Maybe I just didn't spend enough time getting used to it, or it just doesn't suit me.

Aye aye... Same. But, I don't want to go to racing when I'm not 100% comfortable I can take every corner perfect. Yea, there's more grip in TT but, usually just altering wings a little etc helps manage the cold tyre and other variables u have. Altho, I suppose one draw back, I'm a little green on setups that are fast and have little tyre wear etc. Something I look forward to sorting once TT is done with tho...

i have tried a lot of theese set ups and work fine .
but the BEST ONEE is in the 2011 set ups, if u are struggling i highly recomend a visit to the past set ups for this track.

i got Q3 in 2nd by .023 sec (legendary) 1.22.4xx

hope this work for u guys too

McLaren

Circuit
Budapest, Hungary

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Lap Time (Practice)
1:21.482

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1-2
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 119 kph
Gear 2: 148 kph
Gear 3: 176 kph
Gear 4: 206 kph
Gear 5: 238 kph
Gear 6: 274 kph
Gear 7: 310 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.50
Camber rear: -1.50
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

note.This configuration of race and one tiempode 1:21,4 5 turns with 3 mix fuel without using the drs, drs using only one tiempode hize 1:20,8. later will put the gearbox qe use in classification, put next to this.

| Career and Multiplayer setup! |

Hey guys,
I saw some other setups of you guys, very nice! :)
This one is for the Multiplayer and the race in career of Hungary (Dry)
- I play always on Legend. 25% races.

Every single detail can better. But this is not a TT setup. so everyone knows that your tires wear out, so maybe is this really fine for people who are don't know how to make a good setup for multiplayer and career.

Aerodynamics:
Rear Wing Angle: 9

Braking:
Brake Size: Small (You can change this only in TT And in multiplayer. (Not Co-op.)

Balance:

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 5
Rear Ride Height: 6
Front Spring Stiffness: 10

Gearbox:
Gear 1: 124 kph
Gear 2: 154 kph
Gear 3: 181 kph
Gear 4: 210 kph
Gear 5: 241 kph
Gear 6: 276 kph
Gear 7: 315 kph

Engine:
Fuel Map: Mix 5-6 laps for in the Qualifying

Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.40
Toe Front: 0.13
Toe Rear: 0.44

Qualifying 1: 1:20.482 (Primes)
Qualifying 2: 1:19.535 (Options)
Qualifying 3: 1:19.789 (Options)
Race (fastest lap): 1:21.769 (Primes)

THIS IS ONLY FOR CAREER AND FOR MULTIPLAYER.
I Know if your using a TT setup you will just get stuck with the gearbox, which not give you enough top speed without DRS.
Hyper, I want to thank you for your amazing setups. It is already difficult to find a good setup (for timing) but to find a good one for the race is definitely the worse condition.
I really appreciate your job and thx for sharing!!! ;)

Car
toro rosso

Circuit

Condition
Dry

Distance
100% race

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:9
Rear Wing Angle:8

Braking
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 5

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: 74 mph
Gear 2: 92 mph
Gear 3: 110 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 149 mph
Gear 6: 172mph
Gear 7: 195 mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix rich mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.20
Camber Rear: 1.10
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
option

Notes
Time 1.26.573

my set up xbox 360 with gamepad
no assists apart from auto gears
set up is good to work for a dry race that has a high chance of rain

I like this setup I did a 1:26.041 on primes my 2nd lap in fp using drs only no kers it's nice to finally see a torro Rosso setup

El caso es que en el modo online ps3 es imposible correr, estan abonados a derribar a los corredores y lo peor de todo es que nadie los expulsa pq es gratis ? en los servidores xbox son expulsados algunos, ser primero es ser el mas tramposo.:)

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Budapest, Hungary

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Lap Time (Practice)
1:21.482

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 10

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 184 kph
Gear 4: 213 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 277 kph
Gear 7: 316 kph

Alignment
Toe front: 0.07
Toe rear: 0.29

Thanks a lot Tom, my tyme 1.18.945 in TT.
Top 100 xbox leaderboard and top 30 in racenet event!!!

[B said:
Car[/B]
McLaren

Distance
Time Trial(Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Brake Size: Large

Balance

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 76 mph
Gear 2: 96 mph
Gear 3: 114 mph
Gear 4: 133 mph
Gear 5: 153 mph
Gear 6: 175 mph
Gear 7: all right

Alignment
Camber Front: Left
Camber Rear: Left
Toe Front: Right
Toe Rear: Right]

This one is great. I found that it worked perfectly for TT, quali and the race. Great job! :D

Car: McLaren
Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle:1
Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar:3
Suspension
Front Ride Height:1
Rear Ride Height:1
Gearbox
Gear 1: 127 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 156 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 184 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 213 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 242 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 276 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 315 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: 4

Alignment
Camber front: -3.40
Toe rear: 0.32

Notes
1:19.941 Quick Race Mode with McLaren / with Tyre and Fuel Simualtion / No ABS and TC

1:17.5 in TT

Car online
McLaren, redbull. sauber , ferrari , catherdam

Circuit
Budapest, Hungary

Condition
Dry

Distance

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 156 kph
Gear 3: 187 kph
Gear 4: 218 kph
Gear 5: 251 kph
Gear 6: 286 kph
Gear 7: 325 kph

Alignment
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

note. This setup was thought to Racenet redbull but ba great with all these cars in Career mode.

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance
Suspension
Gearbox
Engine

Alignment

Notes
1:19.941 Quick Race Mode with McLaren / with Tyre and Fuel Simualtion / No ABS and TC

Man i made a account on here just to say thanks for the sick setup. I loathed this track,but with your setup its becoming one of my favorites. Thank you

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance
Suspension
Gearbox
Engine

Alignment

Notes

Mabye it's because I'm using a game pad but I find this setup very unstable. The rear of the car always wants to kick out from behind me in the high speed turns, 5 and 11 especially.

Car
McLaren

Circuit

Hungary

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial/100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:1
Rear Wing Angle:2

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 7
Rear Ride Height: 8
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 124 kph / 77 mph
Gear 2: 155 kph / 96 mph
Gear 3: 184 kph / 114 mph
Gear 4: 211 kph / 131 mph
Gear 5: 241 kph / 150 mph
Gear 6: 278 kph / 173 mph
Gear 7: 320 kph / 199 mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Various

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Toe Front: 0.10
Toe Rear: 0.35

Tyres
Various

Notes
Time Trial - 1:19.592(currently 853 on PS3 leaderboard)
100% Grand Prix 1:22.149 on lap 62 of 70
I am in no way a fan of this track but this setup works for me. It keeps the rear end planted while still maintaining good pace in the fast corners. I noticed that the left side tires degrade quickest, with the front left tire degrading faster than the rear. So ease off a bit on fast right handers a little bit and get your time back on fast right handers.

Here's a strategy that might work for you!
I ran a 100% quick race with this set up. I have nothing to compare it with so any feedback would be appreciated. I started the race in 6th place so it was only right to start off on option tires. I selected an agressive fuel strategy. Lighter cars go faster and wear tires less.

Since I was racing against pro AI, I was in first place at turn one. Halfway through lap one, I switched engine mapping to "Lean" to conserve fuel. Aggressive strategy underfuels the car with -3 laps of fuel. I set my fastest lap of the first leg on lap 2 @ 1:26.952. By lap 11, my feul load was optimal so I changed engine mapping back to normal.

I got these option tires to last me 17 laps. I switched to the prime tires to get them out of the way. I'd rather be fast at the end of the race. At lap 20, I switched engine mapping back to lean to start saving fuel for the end of the race, or when you might just need to fend off a competitor. I set engine mapping back to normal at lap 26 and fuel was at +1. I set my fastest lap of the second leg on lap 30 @ 1:25.876. The prime tires lasted me until lap 41.

I switched engine mapping to "Lean" going into the pits to change back into option tires, again on lap 41. At lap 45, I was at +2 on fuel so I switched engine mapping to normal. I followed that up with my fastest lap of the third leg on lap 50 with a 1:24.537. To conserve even more fuel, I switched engine mapping to lean on lap 54. These tires lasted until lap 58.

I went into the pits to get a fresh set of option tires and switched engine mapping back to normal. I switched engine mapping to rich on lap 60. I set my fastest lap of the race on lap 62 with a 1:22.149. I finished the race in 1.41:44.791.

:advice: Be aware of Toro Rosso. Jean Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo do not give way when you are lapping them. I had a hard time passing them on several occasions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back