1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

BU0836 Support

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Abdul Al-Amry, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Gearing up to get the button box up n running but before I started doing the hard work I was testing the buttons n rotaries with the board. I have found this issue though

I connect buttons n rotary to the board and test with windows game controller window, buttons register. I then launched iRacing to test and all works well, buttons n rotary get mapped without any hiccup. I then launch rFactor/GTR Evo to do the same and it doesnt work. Mapping window ingame comes up and I press the button to assign to brake bias, it doesnt respond.

Something I'm doing wrong?

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

I had something similar, but maybe completely unrelated.

All i did was unplug it, then plug it back in. Boot up rFactor and voila, it worked!

3. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

After re wiring and making sure all buttons/rotaries are working correctly I tried again and same problem. Works perfectly with iRacing and shows as Dev 3 in iRacing config window. Its like rF is not recognising the device at all.

Anyone else got this problem?

4. Abdul, how many HID game controllers are you using? rFactor and simbin games only recognise upto 3 max? This is an odd problem, whilst I havent used loads of Leo's boards I have done 4 or 5 and never had this problem? I can only think you have too many devices for rFactor to recognise?

Let me know on here or PM me mate :)

5. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Bang on Brian. Its working and its so much better having to control brake bias/boost etc on a dedicated button box. Off to Argos n DIY shop for some DIY parts.

Thank you.

6. Hey good news!! Glad thats sorted it fella!

7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Been thinking Brian, once I have sli pro how will rf detect all the hid devices?

8. I have a similar problem, but there are ways round it. I havent tried this yet, but I have a piece of software to allow you to run LOTS of hid devices in rF or any other game etc. I will let you know if its any good:D