BTB version 0.9.0.2 is ready!

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
BTB version 0.9.0.0 is ready! Thanks again to the testers that helped ensure it was all working under the new development platform.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

There are not many changes from the long tested 0.8.9.3 beta version aside from a few performance enhancements and some small bugfixes.

Please report any bugs here in as much detail as possible. It's always helpful if you can isolate a problem by repeating it in a small test Venue.

Enjoy!

Strange thing is I've used that colour property before for tarmac textures and it does have an effect (in 0.8 at least) so it would appear that it's only grass textures that it doesn't effect. Perhaps something to do with the multiply and add shaders?

I've emailed you the project I'm having the problems with.

Thanks for the new version by the way, I can finally open and edit an old project that I created with the beta again which is nice, and the F5 reloading textures is an incredibly useful feature!

And just so that nobody misses it - 0.9.0.1 is up on the BTB site. Brendon's moving fast on this stuff! :)

I'm curious, i requested a key last night after i installed 0.9.0.0 - will that work if i uninstall and update to 0.9.0.1? Thanks!

It is the report of the issue

The drawing of the object becomes strange once when I open again after minimizing a window of the BTB.
it was not recovered even if I pushed the F5 buttons.

An example: After having installed a suitable object, I tested it with a new project file using Default XPack.

correct.jpg error.jpg

I've had this happen a couple of times now after opening rFactor with BTB in the background. I couldn't consistently get it to happen though, it's happened twice now and I do this a lot. The project is fine if I close BTB and open it up again.

I've had this happen a couple of times now after opening rFactor with BTB in the background. I couldn't consistently get it to happen though, it's happened twice now and I do this a lot. The project is fine if I close BTB and open it up again.
Thank you for having you supplement what I failed to write

After having closed BTB, the drawing is fine when I hold a project again.
When even that case did the same thing, in the case of oneself, drawing became strange again.

I've found another bug:

When you select the shape editor in the wall tool, the check box still says set material, and doesn't allow you to set the shape unless you ctrl-click with shape selected (see picture)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 485
nomals.jpg
Good work with RBR spectacular issue, now is posible to blend the track with another materials and export to RBR. Great work Brendon.

I´m wondering if you have on mind to change the way that Xpacker apply normals for the final object in the String object, I´m forced to render the normals up to aboid this "issue" maybe you do this on propous becouse you know how to invert the normals easly... or you have in mind that we allways use the start object fipled as final object but after a lot of hours trying to do it right i give up wihtout succes. please, give us the option to add the original normals on the final object of a String of object

About transparent textures, I think that a problem like the 0.890beta release is taking place.
Not Chroma, drawing of the transparence textures using the alpha channel has a problem.

It is thought that it is similar to a topic here.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-9-0-are-wrong-any-advice.35368/#post-1529600

It is this problem, but I asked to BTB user of a friend, seems to have the person who does not the person who is experiencing the problem depending on the computer environment.
Who the same problem in my other or away?

The drawing of the object becomes strange once when I open again after minimizing a window of the BTB. it was not recovered even if I pushed the F5 buttons.

This is to do with the Device Reset function which is problematic to deal with. When a graphics card is shared with other apps, the Device is sometimes “lost” to your application, when BTB gets the device back it sometimes fails to restore all graphics content (not just textures). This is very difficult to identify as it varies from PC to PC and depends on what other apps you have running. It’s quite possible that the technology used to create BTB is the cause of the problem rather than something BTB does – I’ve been over the code many times and it’s unlikely I’ll be able to improve. Unfortunately the underlying tech was only ever made as a beta version by Microsoft and they discontinued support for it long ago, hence I am unlikely to get on top of this issue without a major rewrite of the code. I do have a long term solution, but it won’t be available for quite some time as it requires a lot of work.

My advice is to alt-tab BTB rather than Minimising it - seems to work better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 114 13.5%