BTB Version 0.7 Beta Testing Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hi Guys,

For v0.7 I have made a significant change to the way BTB saves and loads your projects. The XML file was getting too large, and as some will have noticed it consumes a lot of memory just to load and interpret a large file.

The new format is in binary, consumes much less space and is faster to save and load. But it's also not easy to read/edit in a text editor so it's crucial that I get this save/load routine perfect.

The latest version should be mostly free of bugs. Please report any problems in this thread. Sorry the help file hasn't been updated yet.

You can get the latest BETA version here ... http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx. Please read the page very carefully.

Next version is up. As well as a few bugfixes there have been some improvements...

There are a number of minor improvements in speed when dealing with objects and the calculation of the terrain.

RBR export is now working and you'll be able to whip up 33km stages too. :) Still some more minor changes being made to this se3ction.

Scrolling over hilly land using your middle mouse button becomes a lot easier as the camera will rise and fall to maintain a constant height.

There is a new Object Planting tool allowing you to plant objects alongside the entire road relatively quickly. I created this for the 33km RBR track and added grass, trees, house .. well pretty much all the objects to the track using this one tool. You specify min/max values to determine the distance fro the center of the road on which planting will occur.

You can either plant for the entire road by clicking the Add button, or use the 3d window to click-drag a section of the road. I find it best to test the density by click-dragging a small section of road (and pressing Delete afterwards to clear them) before hitting the Add button for the entire road. The approximate number of objects is displayed. "Approximate" because if you have Min Sparation or Terrain Only checked then it will affect the final number.

Radar, can you let me know how your terrain looks in this? I swallowed hard and rewrote this section replacing quite a bit of ugly code with some nicer one and I crossed my fingers that all is working ... but have a good look. btw ... Well done on the track!! ;)

Thanks for the hard work! After uninstalling beta2 and reinstalling beta 4 I'm still having the problem of not seeing any of the new complex objects after placement in BTB...? I have also tried to create my own complex objects, they also don't show up after placement..

Ive uploaded my track venue.bin in hopes of finding this bug.

Attachments

• woodn.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 152
Thanks for the hard work! After uninstalling beta2 and reinstalling beta 4 I'm still having the problem of not seeing any of the new complex objects after placement in BTB...? I have also tried to create my own complex objects, they also don't show up after placement..

Ive uploaded my track venue.bin in hopes of finding this bug.

What video card are you using? Specs of your PC?

Try closing BTB, running regedit and remove the branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BobsTrackBuilder\

Radar, can you let me know how your terrain looks in this? I swallowed hard and rewrote this section replacing quite a bit of ugly code with some nicer one and I crossed my fingers that all is working ... but have a good look. btw ... Well done on the track!! ;)

Will do and cheers for the comment, still a little bit to be done but yeah I'm happy for a first track..

I still can't get the tree collide column working when exporting to rbr...

EDIT : Also, black f. check under the rx_plugin menu, there seems to be some invisible options/bug...check picture.

Attachments

• rbr_541.jpg
    rbr_541.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 249
i can´t open zaxxon pikes peak proyect in my BTB 0.7

the same proyect load and export without problem in BTB 0.6.0.7

please can anyone test to load the zaxxon Pikes peak under BTB 0.7

in the other hand i can export and play my WIP proyect with BTB 0.7, and it seems that everithing is fine, acctually i have no reflection over my car and i have 170 FPS preformance for my WIP, amazing.

this is the updated proyect....

http://files.filefront.com/PP122brar/;13636014;/fileinfo.html

i can´t open zaxxon pikes peak proyect in my BTB 0.7

the same proyect load and export without problem in BTB 0.6.0.7 ...

I can replicate the error but can't figure out why the file has saved in this way to begin with.

Have you edited the XML and changed the Object paths by any chance? There are two groups of the same Object and I am wondering how BTB would have save a file in this state to begin with.

I can replicate the error but can't figure out why the file has saved in this way to begin with.

Have you edited the XML and changed the Object paths by any chance? There are two groups of the same Object and I am wondering how BTB would have save a file in this state to begin with.

It is my mistake, sorry. I edited the XML trying to add a couple of objects by hand.

Okay, it works, but still don't understand why I need to check collision box after adding it to the venue if the collision box was already checked under xpacker, it doesn't make sense to me. And also, the number I set under tree collide column doesn't take effect and it still use the object plane for collision in RBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%