BTB v0.7.0.6 released

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

Added/Changed
  • Racer support http://www.racer.nl
  • Hierarchal Objects. Allows things like:
    • Complex objects.
    • Lights (Normal, Start, PitIn, PitOut).
    • LOD Objects.
    • Invisible Collision Objects surrounding a more complex drawn object.
  • New Object planter tool that makes adding thousands of objects to the whole track easier.
  • Material now has a “Render Normals Up” property that is used for tree leaves in Hierarchal Objects.
  • Track Nodes Smooth by height formula refined.
  • Function to smooth Control Points by height only, leaving their direction unchanged. It’s in the popup menu when editing the control points.
  • Reduced redundant information in rFactor GMT’s.
  • RBR plugin
    • now supports Level Of Detail resulting in large frame rate increase
    • Support for long long tracks.
    • RBR plugin faster loading
    • Fog
  • Some Shadow properties moved to within XPack control, not BTB user.
  • Save format now occurs in binary format instead of XML.
    • This is faster.
    • Uses much less disk space.
    • Improves load/undo times.
    • Reduces memory required when loading a project.
  • Using the middle mouse button to scroll will now float over the landscape making it easier to navigate rough terrain.
Patch 0.7.0.1 is up ...

Fixed
• Cameras not initially showing up in the right place.
• SObjects not immediately displaying their randomness properties.
• RBR DiffuseSpec shader fixed.
• RBR Pacenotes – add two more (Flat Left/Right), fixed bug with Variation.

Patch 0.7.0.2 is up ...

Fixed:
• Wall LOD not being kept when changed.
• Wall cross-section point “grounded” flag not immediately activating.
• Shadow properties not read in from old v0.6 projects.
• RBR Fog –controllable via the scattering.h (thanks again to black f).

Patch 0.7.0.3 is up ...

Fixed:
• SObject LOD not being kept when changed.
• BObject planter would not work correctly near last node of closed circuit.

Patch 0.7.0.4 is up ...

Changed:
• Slight improvement to complex object rendering speed in BTB.
• Changed Panning rate to make moving closer to object easier.

Fixed
• XPacker not showing light properties for LightGlow object.
• Adding Terrain by click and drag would not finish off last terrain area properly if mouse dragged away from the terrain.
• Older graphics cards that don’t support instancing were not showing Complex Objects.

Patch 0.7.0.5 is up ...

More shadow setting for Walls, Objects and SObjects. Now there are the following:

- Shadows = Yes/No.
- Quality = how clear/fuzzy the shadow is.
- Shadow falls on car = Yes/No.
- Shadow Cast = Solid/Texture
- Shadow Object = Regular/Shadow Only (the object is not drawn, only its shadow).

Patch 0.7.0.6 is up ...

Fixed
• Evo AIW checkpoints not working.
• Some texture mapping on SObjects not correct when exported to rFactor / Evo.

• igy4igy

I was thinking same thing, but I wasn`t sure :) ...

Thanks for the answer...

BTBpro --- Add/edit terrain in 3d. Blend with background images or other textures to form interesting landscapes.

BTBevo --- Add/edit terrain in 3d.

Now I am sure

Hello!...
I vould be interested, (concerning texture blending), how btb pro stores the finished (blended) textures.
-Does BTB maps the complete track as a single surface and than it divedes the mapping into smaller portions with a separate texture for each of it or it is just a transparency level that get exported in game?

another thing is that I vould like to buy a licence for btb EVO... ...will it be transferred to the upcoming release (v0.8) if I purchase it now ?

Btw. great piece of software ! :)

Thanks.

Hello!...
I vould be interested, (concerning texture blending), how btb pro stores the finished (blended) textures.
-Does BTB maps the complete track as a single surface and than it divedes the mapping into smaller portions with a separate texture for each of it or it is just a transparency level that get exported in game?

i may be wrong but i would think it stores the alpha value along with each terrain vertex and the background image is then overlayed (as one single texture) using those values (at least i'm pretty sure that's how 3d studio max does it)

• igy4igy

Hello!...

another thing is that I vould like to buy a licence for btb EVO... ...will it be transferred to the upcoming release (v0.8) if I purchase it now ?

Btw. great piece of software ! :)

Thanks.

"Bobs Track Builder is now distributed as a trial demo, that when unlocked using a license, will allow you to run indefinitely.

Purchasing a Single User License entitles you to run Bobs Track Builder on one PC. The license will be created specifically for your Motherboard and CPU and will be valid for the number of months that you specify when submitting the HardwareId.txt file on this page below.

The license will be removed from the BTB website automatically 7 days prior to the expiry date. You will then be able to sumbit a new license for either the same PC or a new PC."

For patches (to new version), you will be informed how to obtain a license, so don`t be worried about that
It`s a 5 :star: software and it going to be even better :rockon:

a. Some shaders are not available in the Simbin games, therefore Terrain blending is not available. However I am working on a replacement feature that will still allow background images to be used.

Indeed!, but some others are avaliable...
a simple example is how the the skid marks are placed.

...so... I think that "double surfaces" could be used to achive some kind of terrain blending untill a better solution comes up...
...the hard way to do it would be to blend your backround image in photoshop and applay all the effects you want (fine tuning the effects by importing back and forth from btb to photoshop); than you should divide the background image into grids (squares)... and than aplay your new "squares as a texture when uw mapping the complete exported terrain in 3ds max (previously divided into the same grid pattern as the Background image)

ps. I haven`t tried none of the above methods, but I think that should be possible... at least that is the way I build a house with transparent windows for simbim platforms

It is just an idea....

I`m having throuble exporting a 27 km track for gtr2 with btb evo
...it crashes...
-are there any track lenght limitations in BTB-evo? (I saw somewhere an example of a 30 km track made with BTB-pro...thatfore I`m a bit confused...)

with smaller tracks, (7km and 14km)everything works fine concernig export operations

...another thing i noted is that BTB-pro is performing much better than BTB-EVO when working with materials with the same track (is it possible?... ...concerning the code, they seems very similar to me...)
what I want to say is that at least the part regarding material editing seems the same in both versions. Eaven more, in EVO some features are missing, so my toughts was that EVO should perform better...
...am I missing something???

I`m working with poor hardware spec.
1Gb ram
Athlon xp 2600
ati x1650 pro 512 mb (agp x8)
ASUS A7N8x

• hancur

Hy all!!!
i wait for somebody to help me.....

when i import a track to the rbr..in the game i see everything yellow. its like there is no track... so the car is in the air...or the car is in the middle of the sun

i tried to put an other track magala, etc.... i could play with them but like this....

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/rbr013.jpg/

in my track that was so....

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/rbr001.jpg/

in the btb i saw everything
so what is the problem???

My spec:

athlon 64 x2 6000+
radeon HD4850 1gb
4gb ddr2

i have also service pack2, net frame..2.0 and directx 9.0c

For me is the heigh of the cammeras.
You should edit them with AIW Editor
May be your track has wrong heigh due a KLM google import.
IE: One of my tracks has google data , but the default cammeras are in 0 heigh and the track was 51 Meters over the sea, so I see the bottom of the car LOL

• hancur

For me is the heigh of the cammeras.
You should edit them with AIW Editor
May be your track has wrong heigh due a KLM google import.
IE: One of my tracks has google data , but the default cammeras are in 0 heigh and the track was 51 Meters over the sea, so I see the bottom of the car LOL

the problem with this is that....this is a normal track and not from the google exported...
cameras....i don't know the car is in the wrong place,so the program or the game put it into to an other area not on the track...
the other...there is an other track from somebody else but in the background u can se also the sun as the backgruond....

so i don't know.

I`m having some problems with fences and some tyre-walls ...:
they are collidable only from one side; from the opposite side You can drive right through them ???
any suggestion (BTB EVO to GTR2)

Hi,
i have the follow problem. I edited the templatemini.tga and templateThmb.tga and move this to my rfactor/GameData/Locations Trackfolder, but in rfactor i see the old standard BTB themblat both.

So i try an another way, i moved the edited .tga data in the BTB/Support/rfactor folder, but i have the same problem!?

!!!Problem solved!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years