BTB v0.7.0.6 released

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

Added/Changed
  • Racer support http://www.racer.nl
  • Hierarchal Objects. Allows things like:
    • Complex objects.
    • Lights (Normal, Start, PitIn, PitOut).
    • LOD Objects.
    • Invisible Collision Objects surrounding a more complex drawn object.
  • New Object planter tool that makes adding thousands of objects to the whole track easier.
  • Material now has a “Render Normals Up” property that is used for tree leaves in Hierarchal Objects.
  • Track Nodes Smooth by height formula refined.
  • Function to smooth Control Points by height only, leaving their direction unchanged. It’s in the popup menu when editing the control points.
  • Reduced redundant information in rFactor GMT’s.
  • RBR plugin
    • now supports Level Of Detail resulting in large frame rate increase
    • Support for long long tracks.
    • RBR plugin faster loading
    • Fog
  • Some Shadow properties moved to within XPack control, not BTB user.
  • Save format now occurs in binary format instead of XML.
    • This is faster.
    • Uses much less disk space.
    • Improves load/undo times.
    • Reduces memory required when loading a project.
  • Using the middle mouse button to scroll will now float over the landscape making it easier to navigate rough terrain.
Patch 0.7.0.1 is up ...

Fixed
• Cameras not initially showing up in the right place.
• SObjects not immediately displaying their randomness properties.
• RBR DiffuseSpec shader fixed.
• RBR Pacenotes – add two more (Flat Left/Right), fixed bug with Variation.

Patch 0.7.0.2 is up ...

Fixed:
• Wall LOD not being kept when changed.
• Wall cross-section point “grounded” flag not immediately activating.
• Shadow properties not read in from old v0.6 projects.
• RBR Fog –controllable via the scattering.h (thanks again to black f).

Patch 0.7.0.3 is up ...

Fixed:
• SObject LOD not being kept when changed.
• BObject planter would not work correctly near last node of closed circuit.

Patch 0.7.0.4 is up ...

Changed:
• Slight improvement to complex object rendering speed in BTB.
• Changed Panning rate to make moving closer to object easier.

Fixed
• XPacker not showing light properties for LightGlow object.
• Adding Terrain by click and drag would not finish off last terrain area properly if mouse dragged away from the terrain.
• Older graphics cards that don’t support instancing were not showing Complex Objects.

Patch 0.7.0.5 is up ...

More shadow setting for Walls, Objects and SObjects. Now there are the following:

- Shadows = Yes/No.
- Quality = how clear/fuzzy the shadow is.
- Shadow falls on car = Yes/No.
- Shadow Cast = Solid/Texture
- Shadow Object = Regular/Shadow Only (the object is not drawn, only its shadow).

Patch 0.7.0.6 is up ...

Fixed
• Evo AIW checkpoints not working.
• Some texture mapping on SObjects not correct when exported to rFactor / Evo.

Im so stupid

I dont understand.
I made the copy of my old My Projects folder.............Should I copy it into BTB 0.7 My Project folder??

By The Way, I do that and cant open, in fact I cant see anything to open. I have my XML file and the packs but I dont know how to work now

hi guys,

I got a weird issue...

The lights objects don't appears... If i do a "select all", i see the reference red dots but nothing else. I tried to install, uninstall, re-install. no lights.

Any idea!?

New note : When i export to Rfactor, the lights are there... WEIRD! but at least i can now figure a way to work with it..

... The lights objects don't appears... If i do a "select all", i see the reference red dots but nothing else. I tried to install, uninstall, re-install. no lights ... When i export to Rfactor, the lights are there... WEIRD! but at least i can now figure a way to work with it..

What are you're PC specs? If anyone else is having this issue, please also post your specs.

Xpacker doesn't always seem to add v0.7's new tags into objects that already exist. After patching to v0.7.0.3 I still couldn't get my trees to cast texture shadows. I went through each one in Xpacker and changed the shadow type from solid to texture, however each object's XML was not updated and no new tags including the <ShadowCast> one were added. Sure enough when I loaded the xpack back in to Xpacker they'd all gone back to solid shadow type. I manually added the new tags to each of the tree's XML files and it that sorted the problem. The files were not set to read only so I'm not sure why some objects obtained the new tags while others didn't.

Patch 0.7.0.4 is up ...

Changed:
• Slight improvement to complex object rendering speed in BTB.
• Changed Panning rate to make moving closer to object easier.

Fixed
• XPacker not showing light properties for LightGlow object.
• Adding Terrain by click and drag would not finish off last terrain area properly if mouse dragged away from the terrain.
• Older graphics cards that don’t support instancing were not showing Complex Objects.

Patch 0.7.0.5 is up ...

More shadow settings for Walls, Objects and SObjects. Now there are the following:

- Shadows = Yes/No.
- Quality = how clear/fuzzy the shadow is.
- Shadow falls on car = Yes/No.
- Shadow Cast = Solid/Texture
- Shadow Object = Regular/Shadow Only (the object is not drawn, only its shadow).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back