BTB - Rfactor export / texture quality ??

Hey guys,

I built my first BTB Track and now I have a question.
When I build the Track in BTB the texture quality looks very nice but when I export it to RFactor the whole textures look really bad. My graphics settings are high so that can`t be the problem. I hope you now a solution to improve the graphic quality in the game.

Thank you very much ;-)

Thomas Frank

Also Ive noticed, distance can of lap/circuit can have an effect on MIP MAP requiring an even greater negative value....
33km track requiring -4 for grass & -5 for road (Haywood track pack road texture) & -6 for tree wall....
R Soul IS right, experimenting IS the go & not being afraid to use numbers that DO work (even if they seem somewhat high) is the go- if they work for you then just ask if others can then test -after all, everyone's system is different & faults may not turn up in your own that others may have & vice-versa.....
Most of us need to do this,
Good Luck!

The first place you should check is Venue Materials (
materials.gif
). Select a material, then the Textures tab, then you'll see some more tabs, depending on the material settings: Diffuse, Bump, Specular, Multiply, Add. Mip Bias is one of the fields at the bottom.

If you've added your own materials using XPacker, Mip Bias is in the Materials section, under Diffuse, Bump etc.

Make sure your textures has mipmaps in the first place. Some DDS i've downloaded hasn't got any mipmaps and they look rubbish ingame unless you're close enough. If the textures are in PNG or JPG then there's no mipmapping done in advance, that means extra calculations for GPU as it has to do basic scaling in realtime.. The algorithms used inline are really simple, not even close what is done in offline edit so the more the graphic card has to scale textures, more blurry they become. When preprocessed ie. mipmaps inserted, the quality is exponentially better. That is how i have understood it, correct me if i'm wrong, please. The explanation fits to my logic and results anyway.

Well I have to thank you all. I've spent ages cursing the problem of shimmering grass texture when making my own blends between differing terrain textures, on a flattened wall(Evo). Having read R Soul I did mess around with the Mip Bias. Made no difference. Opened the original file (rural Ozzy) to find the textures had Mipmaps of 10. Therfore resaved all my textures with, Generate mip maps at 10, and no more shimmering. Can't life be just great sometimes!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 508 39.0%