BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

When exported to RBR the objects were not visible (may be a problem with LOD Out or did I make a mistake?) but the car could drive on the invisible objects.

Yes it is the LOD Out setting. You have it set to 1000, when in reality you want the large ground objects to appear well before then. A quick edit of the objectlist.ini and changing the "LODOut=" setting made the objects appear.

Hi Brendon,Love the new Beta - The road blending tool is great!I know you don't like being flooded with suggestions but I think I have a good Idea:I'm not sure how easy/hard it would be to implement but the ability to join the verticies of the road surfaces directly to those of other road/terrain surfaces or panels. I'm not sure if it's possible, I don't want to pressure you into anything and I dont even know if you understand what I'm saying but it would make creating junctions on roads a lot easier.

Great that you're back Brendon!
I ran an export of Longford last night and all the walls that were set to "tree wall" didn't render ingame.
Just loaded the track in btb this morning and all the objects have disappeared, but checking/unchecking the "objects" display makes those black shards in the sky come and go. Walls and sobjects still work ok. and those crowd and tree walls in the background are an example of tree walls that didn't export, neither did the grid boxes. However the white fence in the foreground did render.
running an nV GTX460 on XP

One thing that would sometimes happen in 0830 is after returning from a test of the circuit in rF, BTB would get confused about which models to display where, so i'd end up with giant houses in the paddock and various other "artistic" stuff. as well as that, the terrain would be stretched and warped. A reload fixed that, and i though it my be a problem with my compy anyway. In 0890, in my first and only export so far (see above), when i returned from rF, the cars in the paddocks were replaced with what looks like the btb object positioning nodes, except rather than red spheres, they were spheres textured with their respective object's textures (sorry, no screen)
EDIT: just started a new track, closed it, then reloaded Longford and it's back with the objects where and what they should be. I haven't exported though.

i've just tried reloading the track again and it seems fine if BTB has just been launched. Again the "tree walls" didn't appear in game. And again, when returning from rF the objects turn to control nodes (the objects closest to screen are meant to be cars incidentally, but also there are only nodes representing the pit stalls and control tower etc).

And, i checked the settings for the tree walls and they were set to render. i turned one off and back on and still it didn't render.

Funnily enough, the tree walls don't appear in game but they do in BTB, and the objects appear in game but are messed up in BTB.

I don't know if the object problem is releated to my computer or not, but the walls issue is a new thing.

i've just tried reloading the track again and it seems fine if BTB has just been launched. Again the "tree walls" didn't appear in game. And again, when returning from rF the objects turn to control nodes (the objects closest to screen are meant to be cars incidentally, but also there are only nodes representing the pit stalls and control tower etc).

And, i checked the settings for the tree walls and they were set to render. i turned one off and back on and still it didn't render.

Funnily enough, the tree walls don't appear in game but they do in BTB, and the objects appear in game but are messed up in BTB.

I don't know if the object problem is releated to my computer or not, but the walls issue is a new thing.

Sounds pretty weird. On large projects I find switching between BTB and rFactor starts to get slower and the disk is being hit a lot, eventually I reboot and start everything off fresh again. On very large projects I don't even attempt to run both at once, when graphics memory fills you will get weird things like you describe, although this can also be a sign of an overheated CPU/GPU usually only seen if you're into overclocking.

As for the Tree-walls, I did a small test, one track and one wall and it worked for me.

Could you upload your track and PM me the location. I'll try it out on yours.

GeForce 8800 GT

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I imagine this is some kind of GPU specific problem with the shaders I have created, in the case of the basic road it's the \Richard Burns Rally\RX_CONTENT\TRACKS\BobsTrackBuilder\FX\BTB_DiffuseBumpSpecular.fx file.

I still can't replicate on any of my PC's so I am a bit stuck as to how to fix this.

If anyone with shader knowledge wishes to jump in and try then please be my guest.

Thanks, yes I understand the problem.

The AIW Corridors problem, I was wondering what would be best the best solution to this problem.

My last sugestion is:

As the calculation of the corridor is made ​​by the farthest points of the shape of the road.
I think the best solution is to select the points which will define the area of road. A quick solution would be to choose the points numerically later perhaps in the road shape editor.
Example:
A road with 5 points (5)----(4)---- 3)----(2)----(1) in the beta version, the road would be 2-4 right?.
In this way we could have road forms much larger and complex circuits (city) and not to worry we the size of the corridor because it was what we specified.

I think that besides being of customers, we should also be helpers in this wonderful project.

(sorry my English, google translator help me :))

I imagine this is some kind of GPU specific problem with the shaders I have created, in the case of the basic road it's the \Richard Burns Rally\RX_CONTENT\TRACKS\BobsTrackBuilder\FX\BTB_DiffuseBumpSpecular.fx file.

I still can't replicate on any of my PC's so I am a bit stuck as to how to fix this.

If anyone with shader knowledge wishes to jump in and try then please be my guest.

I have the same problem :(

Same problem here with Radeon HD5850 + Windows 7 64 Bit. Actually this problem was already with the closed beta we tested over a year ago. Back then I tested it with the GF 8800 GTS and Radeon X1800 GT, both had exactly the same symptoms.

Has made the same actions which have led to this error. Position of the Axis of rotation doesn't change! Has turned back and all became as before! What was for the first time? A program error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%