BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

That would be a nice feature, but there is a workaround. Create a new track, since the track nodes give you fine control, and use the align to track button while the new track is active.

That's a bright idea.. did not think of using that option before.
Still would be handy to have some more precise control after placement, than just scale/rotate trough twisting some axis-lines.

Hey banger, I sent the following as a reply to your email, but it bounced saying no such address. Anyways ...
I’m guessing you are running IE 10? If so then it seems this work-around will fix the problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897
Essentially you need to run the IE in Compatibility Mode.

thanks Brendon:)

track merging needs to be easier, may an attached to nodes button. eg attaching pitlanes, off road areas.is the biggest of problems.currently I using the terrain to make off road areas. and pitlanes. but in rfactor2 you can't use the terrain has a road/terrain material (turns into a tint Yellow.because of terrain is still attached to the road surfaces instance's)

Windows 8 on how to open the bob track builder used?
PLS HELP! ://

You can't get anymore cryptic than that?

I guess, same settings as for Windows 7 should be applied.

After installation open the shortcut properties.
Make sure it's running in Windows XP (SP3) mode and has Adminitrator rights.

Attachments

• bobs.jpg
    bobs.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 419
I noticed in some situations Bob's would be more stable running in that mode, on my W7 pro - 64bit.
Since i changed those settings i'm running it without any glitches i would sometimes have.

btw...
Waiting on that darn license upload page to appear again. Instead of only able to download my old license...
:whistling:

I have read that some people have built tracks for rF1 and then converted them for rF2. I have built tracks before for rF1 in BTB but does anyone know if Brendan is working on a BobsTrackBuilder for rF2 where the track is built in BTB and imported into rF2 like it was for BTB into rF1 in the past.I am looking at getting back into track building and wondering if it is worth building tracks in the Original BTB-Pro and then finding a easy app or plugin that will convert into rF2 with just a few clicks or if Brendan is building a NEW BTB-Pro for rF2 that will be released later which i would wait for,
I apologies in advanced if this has been answered somewhere else but i did try and have a look in the forum about this but have not seen any information that answers my question.

Guys, any news about Brendon? Sometime the love for a project, a great software like BTB, pushes the author to work on it again... He has the best intentions to develop new features as his "creature" is part of his life and his heart, but the life of every day kills the best intention. I wish to Brendon to find time for going ahead in a serene way!

Hey guyz, I am in the middle of modeling my track but...

I have bought license for BTB Pro, and was able to generate a BETA license, BUT, now I system doesn't generate me a new license. I can't continue with modeling my track.

I also have made a next thing... Beacuse BTB is recognizes change of time, I have formated and reinstall whole system one month back, I have updated all components, I have installed BTB Beta and I have download license from the site (the date is still 1 month back).

But, when I run application program chrases (even I enabled Administrator and Compatibility mode).

How can I continue with the modeling?! Please help.

Thanks in advance!

No one can help me?
I need to finish this track, but I can't because of stupid system for regenerating keys.
It clearly says:
"This license will work for 1 month, hopefully enough time for any bugs to be fixed. If the release is not ready within this timeframe then a new beta and/or new license will be generated here once again." How can I force to run BTB Beta again?

Help?

You also said "I have updated all components" which I took to mean hardware changes. Unless someone else has had the same issue, and resolved it, and happens to browse this thread occasionally, I think Brendon is the only person who can help. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back