BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

Is there a way to edit individual vertex alpha values on the road? I added a point into the road edge, the material covers 2 panels wide, I want the blend to be fluent through both panels, but when I move the middle point it keeps its alpha value. In this case the middle point is blending 100% grass, I want it to blend 50% grass and 50% road to dirt.

http://youtu.be/FxSYSeUxN_Q?hd=1

I presume it would take a lot to have it automatically calculate the blend as it gets moved. But at least having the ability to edit the value would be good. :thumb:

Would it be possible in the future to assign background images with specific coordinates and scaling? I have been learning the Zaxxon method where it is possible, but when BTB pack's the projects in .BIN format it is not possible to edit the venue.xml anymore. This feature would be nice to add images accordingly to older projects.

Hello!

One strange thing happening:

-When opened an old project from 0.8.0.3 in new 0.8.9.0 i lost all road Camper information.

Is this a bug or does it come from the new global smoothing function? I saw that a lot of road-terrain places where changed to smooth. Which looked really good. :) So the Campers i am wondering.

Edit: Now i opened the same project and the campers where there like they should. I will see if this happens with any other projects as well.

Is there a way to edit individual vertex alpha values on the road? I added a point into the road edge, the material covers 2 panels wide, I want the blend to be fluent through both panels, but when I move the middle point it keeps its alpha value. In this case the middle point is blending 100% grass, I want it to blend 50% grass and 50% road to dirt.

The blend is calculated from 0% -> 100%. If you have 5 points then it will be 0, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% no matter how far apart they are.

Your suggestion to have the values be editable is good - I will add that to my to do list.

-When opened an old project from 0.8.0.3 in new 0.8.9.0 i lost all road Camper information.

Edit: Now i opened the same project and the campers where there like they should. I will see if this happens with any other projects as well.

The camber should remain as it is. The smoothing will not affect the camber one bit, however it will take away those sharp appearances. Let me know if you can consistently reproduce the missing cambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%