BTB Making vista crash to blue screen ??

ok i know BTB isnt supported by vista but the only pc i have that will run BTB nicely enough to do somthing with it is my laptop that i use for gaming etc.

I have the demo version of BTB and i am planning on buying the softwere if i can get it to work properly cuz well lets face it this program is better than i thaught is was going to be.

so here it is my problem is only when i close BTB it gives me a vista critical shut down AKA the damn blue screen. i dont have any problems what so ever while running the program or anything only when i come to close it. everything exports ok shows up in game etc etc its just this blue screen and like my pc is only 3 months old so urm dont think it would have anything to do with my pc i only have winamp gtr2 and Rfactor installed on it and they all run perfectly ok.

my pc specs are as followed : vista home premium SP1, AMD atholon Dual core@2.1 Ghz , 3GB ram and ATI radeon HD4530 GPU

now if your going to ask me what it says on the blue screen well urm cant really tell you because it was late last night when it happend and i didnt get chance to take note but it was some kind of error.

so can anyone please help me i really wanna make The Val De Vienne Circuit in france and well i cant if this keeps happening.

thanks in advance guys
Mally . .

I used to have a similar problem.
I also use Vista, and about 1 out of 10 times I closed BTB normally, I got that bluescreen.
I googled a bit and found out that somehow (I still don't understand how) Hamachi (-> NETIO.SYS) caused the bluescreen. I uninstalled it and the problem was gone.
Well, I don't really understand what BTB's got to do with NETIO.SYS and Hamachi (maybe Brendon is spying on us :eyeroll:) but if you have Hamachi installed, get rid of it.

Maybe it'll help.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea