• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

BTB Issue

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brandon Butler, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if any of you guys can help me but I have an issue that is really hindering my experience with Bobs Track Builder.

Whenever I try to create a track and such, I get this screwey meshed track like this.

BTB problem.PNG

What can be the issue do you guys know? Thanks if you guys could help! It would be appreciated! :)

2. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    retired from this site. Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    Edit: when i look closer it looks as if there is something different is going on. Still i think it is something small.

3. Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler

Ratings:
    +0
    It does this throughout my entire track. If I were to make any track, any turn would basically look like the image I provided. I don't know why it does this though.

4. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven

Ratings:
    +256
    Do you lay down a second track after the first one? And do you give it the same direction? Or do you just copy the first track?

I try to get an impression of how the track looks like.

5. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven

Ratings:
    +256
    btw are you also member of the RD facebook page? You can post easily screenshots there. This screenie you posted is very small.

6. Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler

Ratings:
    +0
    Not yet but I can do that. Now in response to your previous comments, it happens no matter what. If I create a new track, etc.

Attached Files:

7. Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a better pic.

Attached Files:

8. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven

Ratings:
    +256
    The latter picture is a node that is in the wrong direction. When you select that node, turn the node with the purple lines. (i'm Dutch, so i have a bit of a problem when trying to explain something)./

9. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    or go to "Edit/switch active track" button and change "Spline type " from Bezier to Cardinal.

10. Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler

Ratings:
    +0
    Will this help fix the problem?

11. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven

Ratings:
    +256
    Try it, after making a backup from your old track.

12. Brandon Butler

Brandon Butler

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I see how this works. Thanks guys for the help! Much appreciated! Now its not messed up. :)