BTB import from Blender

I'll apologize now for this thread as, I think, its more a Blender export problem than BTB import but as I got no help fom the Blender forum I thought that there may be someone out there who has used blender export to BTB.

Simple textured object exported, from Blender, as .3DS or .DAE file. Exported to the same file from where I took the texture.(Keep all in the same file).

Error on 3DS import to BTB 'Texture cannot be found'. At least with 3DS it carries on to import the object to which I can add the texture manually.

Error on DAE import to BTB 'URL invalid'. That must be the URL path to the material/texture, which is in fact correct in the xml file. XPacker error - continue or quit.

Any ideas??

If 3ds can be loaded somehow, forget about collada and you can still add new texture/material to xpack and assign that to your object in xpacker. I've got used to the error "texture cannot be found" - nothing bad for me ;) Maybe blender renamed the texture to 8.3 format (like 3dsMax does too), that's why xpacker doesn't like it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%