BTB crashed whilst saving

If any of you guys are members on F1Classic you will know that for the past month or so I have been working on a scratch built Le Mans 2011 Track in BTB. If you havent seen it you can visit my blog to see pictures.

http://yetisaj.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I have had a bit of an incident lol.

BTB just crashed on me whilst saving the file. It has overwritten my work and saved the track outline only!

I have

No ground (all textures and polys gone!)
No trees (single & borders)
No rumble strips, telegraph poles, lamp posts, trackside vehicles etc.
No objects AT ALL!!!!!!

This is all I have!
da2d623e1de5813956201f66b7578f7cedb771b7d9a6a100578e46ba32d587985g.jpg

I'm absolutely devastated...I don't know what to do. I have basically lost everything I have done since I started apart from the track layout. Ridiculous amount of hours work just dissappeared right in front of me. I feel sick...

The only hope I have is an export that I did earlier today. It is the only model of all the work I have done. I can load it in 3DSimEd but have no idea how to use it. As far as I know BTB will not load exported tracks. Is there any way of chopping the track up in 3DSimEd and bringing it back into BTB? If anyone can help please get in touch because I don't think I can start over again! I am too busy with university work at the moment to think about it.

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me!!!

In your BTB folder there is a Temporary Files folder. Rename the most recent file to venue.bin and put it in your project folder. If that doesn't work, try the next most recent. Hopefully you'll be able to salvage something more than just the track.

And in future, make some backups occasionally.

Thankyou so much, managed to recover a version from a few days ago. Lost quite a bit but I suppose its my own fault. Always happens before you think about it.

Thanks for the help. Will be saving multiple backups from now on..

If the btb crashes and prompts you to save before closing - never agree - I had a situation like that in the past - agreed and had completely nothing afterwards ;) It's better to loose some changes than the whole thing (I mean, in case when sometime you can not find the proper backup).
You could spend months to find what was wrong - I think it was btb's fault, not yours ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%