BTB 1.0.0.1

View attachment 171002 this file you have to upload in your account page at bobstrackbuilder.net
View attachment 171002 this file you have to upload in your account page at bobstrackbuilder.net
Hi Erwin, I have had probs with this myself. In this screen it says that I have already used my license, but it does not expire until 10/10/2017. Nothing works and no id file is created to upload. I have used this program since version 8 and have updated as and when required.
This is very annoying and brendan appears to have disappeared into thin air. Good this, you pay for a program and no support or a contact email for him.
Any ideas what I can do. If I can't recover the program i have 80 gig of track projects ready to be scrapped.
Regards
Bob Long (slots2014)

If your licence doesn't expire untill 10/10/2017 you should be able to still download your licence. as in pic.
Thanks for your help with this problem. I have the above screen when I log in and I have downloaded the license and put it in the main BTB directory. Still will not work. The HID doesn,t create an id txt file. I am now at a loss with this

Sounds like you have got things around the wrong way.

If you have your licence you do not need to generate a new id txt. An id txt is used to obtain a licence.

When a licence is out of date you take the old one, and the old id txt, out of the BTB folder and generate a new id txt. With this id txt you are able to receive a new licence which you put in the BTB folder along side the id txt that generated it.

I hope you have the original id txt that generated the licence.

On XP I have no problem loading the Eastern Creek examples, but there's a problem using our own data.

I generated a set of points via a couple of methods, but if I make up my own Intensity values (e.g. 600 for all of them) I get an error when I try to view the points:
Value of '-2147483393' is not valid for 'green'. 'green' should be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 255.
I've tried inserting some colours but to no avail.

Someone on the Facebook page has the same problem.

Interestingly, I can paste in the intensity values from the EC csv files, and I can paste them in twice if I have more than the ~29000 points EC has. Then my points will show up without the error message.

Have tested it out with the fake intensities values.
Been working my way trough LasTools, a truly great program for previewing, merging, cropping & XYZ positioning of LAZ files.
With LasTool I merged 2 lidars, 1 from the ground + 1 from everything above ground.
So all the buildings and fioliage are seperate accessable from the ground lidar.
Than did output from .laz to .txt and renamed the new .txt file to .csv.
After that some CSV Ed to add a empty 4th column.
Than with CSV Ed I inserted the fake intensity values.
With CSV splitter I cutted the much to big file CSV containing 27.000.000 points in smaller CSV files of "only" 600.000 points.
Import than finally worked flawless! FInally.
Still some funky color i guess from the fake intensity.
But hey the data is there and much more detailed than i hoped for.
It almost looks laserscanned.

Anybody guess the track?

View attachment 89850
View attachment 89849
View attachment 89851
View attachment 89852

Hi chaps, it's ages since this was posted, but I'm working on a track that I have finally managed to procure Lidar data for.

I have a point cloud in CSV format, I filled in the 4th column with fake intensity values, and with different values for the first several rows. I then used CSV splitter to break it up into several parts with roughly 400000 points each, each filesize being 13mb or so and make sure again that in each smaller CSV file the intensity values are initially varied.
Then I try and load the files in BTB, and the first two work, but any subsequent loading and the rest don't, I can only load a small fraction of my point cloud, yet all the formats are the same!
I've lost a day trying to get them imported, recreating every file- it's driving me nuts! Of a series of 7 mini clouds, only 1 and 2 will work (even together) but the rest will never load, even separately.

Could you shed any light on what might be the problem?

Hi chaps, it's ages since this was posted, but I'm working on a track that I have finally managed to procure Lidar data for.

I have a point cloud in CSV format, I filled in the 4th column with fake intensity values, and with different values for the first several rows. I then used CSV splitter to break it up into several parts with roughly 400000 points each, each filesize being 13mb or so and make sure again that in each smaller CSV file the intensity values are initially varied.
Then I try and load the files in BTB, and the first two work, but any subsequent loading and the rest don't, I can only load a small fraction of my point cloud, yet all the formats are the same!
I've lost a day trying to get them imported, recreating every file- it's driving me nuts! Of a series of 7 mini clouds, only 1 and 2 will work (even together) but the rest will never load, even separately.

Could you shed any light on what might be the problem?
How big is are those pointcloud data files?

I've been using 200k points as my (mostly) reliable file size. If a file doesn't load, I'll split it in half to try to isolate the trouble. Most of the time I can get real (instead of fake) intensity data to work, but then sometimes it just craps out.

Thanks for your replies gentlemen!

How big is are those pointcloud data files?

When I saw your Zandvoort post earlier in the thread, I broke mine up into files of 600,000 points. My complete point cloud is 3,000,000 points. I've been trying also with 400,000, 300,000 etc to no avail..

I've been using 200k points as my (mostly) reliable file size. If a file doesn't load, I'll split it in half to try to isolate the trouble. Most of the time I can get real (instead of fake) intensity data to work, but then sometimes it just craps out.

Thanks, I'll give that a further try and report back!

@Richard Hessels @Emery
It works, it works!
Thanks for your help guys!

I managed to import two 3million point clouds, each in one go without splitting.
I opened each one in cloud compare, used the translate function to get each roughly centred at the origin. Then I opened with CSV edit, moved column 2 to column 3, modified some of the intensity lines and voila :)

Now I have overlapping digital terrain and digital surface clouds for my track, which should help me make it a lot more accurate in its topography.
Now if you can guess which track it is I'll be seriously impressed!

16aumv5.jpg

Buenas, una consulta, por cambio de equipo tendria que generar una nueva licencia, pero la fecha de expiracion aun esta lejos 15/06/2019 y quiero pasarla al equipo nuevo, alguna forma de solucionar esto?, gracias.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 407 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 273 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 321 12.9%