Broken link to the game's manual on Reiza's site?

There is no manual currently, and from what I've heard it’s not the top priority. Is there a specific issue, because someone on the forums might be able to help if you can tell us what it is. Otherwise just Google some rFactor manuals and tutorials because Game Stock Car is essentially just a standalone rFactor mod.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Calm down. All I am saying is that all of the functions are the same as rFactor: i.e. settings, keyboard shortcuts, and menus to an extent. Thus anything applicable to rFactor's settings would also be applicable to Game Stock Car. I'm not trying to make any comments on the quality of the sim (lots of fun :cool:), just trying to help someone looking for the manual. Functionally, Game Stock Car runs on the Gmotor2 engine created by ISI, the same engine upon which rFactor is built, and so there are similarities between the two.

Once again, I'm not trying to belittle Game Stock Car. It is one of the best sims I've ever played, but in the interest of helping others it can be treated the same as rFactor, because they work in the same way.

Sam

Thank guys for the help, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Few days ago I checked and there wasn't any link to the manual on the Reiza's site. Instead, there were this "in development" message. Now there *is* a link (points to something like "wordpress-3.2.1.zip" file) but it's broken. I was just referring to this. :cool:

Thank guys for the help, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Few days ago I checked and there wasn't any link to the manual on the Reiza's site. Instead, there were this "in development" message. Now there *is* a link (points to something like "wordpress-3.2.1.zip" file) but it's broken. I was just referring to this. :cool:

Thanks for starting this thread. I was having the same problem trying to download the manual for the last hour. It would be nice if Reiza can delete the link and/or put in a note saying the manual is not available at this time.
:)

The file isnt downloadable at the official GSC site.

Could you bring it up again?

Another question are you still working on the "better manual" or did you release it already? That would be awesome.

best regards

Bumping this up, since it became relevant again recently to new GSC racers which we tried to help, but couldn't. @Reiza Studios

Though it's basically a newer version of rFactor, some things have changed a bit. I was in a position where I tried to find someone a screenshot of the Drive Through/Stop-Go Penalty Icons - the type of things you used to find in a manual - when I discovered I could find nothing of the sort on your site. Also, the icons are now so different, I've noticed, from rFactor, that someone totally new to them might not see the connection between the old and the new.

So, although it's pretty self-explanatory for us more experienced with these sims - this is the first time ever I've actually searched for a GSC manual, because I played rFactor before - there are people who have never played any sims in their life, and GSC might be their first venture into this world.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if someone tells me to get a manual of a 2005 game in order to understand a 2014 game, I might be inclined to not even bother any further.

So, even a basic manual in pdf format, or even an online reference on your site to basic things such as the above to where we can point people with questions, with updated info, and an FAQ section, would be such a help to both you and us,

Who knows, it could even lessen the amount of support queries you get in your mailbox substantially.

Just my opinion.:geek:

Bumping this up, since it became relevant again recently to new GSC racers which we tried to help, but couldn't. @Reiza Studios

Though it's basically a newer version of rFactor, some things have changed a bit. I was in a position where I tried to find someone a screenshot of the Drive Through/Stop-Go Penalty Icons - the type of things you used to find in a manual - when I discovered I could find nothing of the sort on your site. Also, the icons are now so different, I've noticed, from rFactor, that someone totally new to them might not see the connection between the old and the new.

So, although it's pretty self-explanatory for us more experienced with these sims - this is the first time ever I've actually searched for a GSC manual, because I played rFactor before - there are people who have never played any sims in their life, and GSC might be their first venture into this world.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if someone tells me to get a manual of a 2005 game in order to understand a 2014 game, I might be inclined to not even bother any further.

So, even a basic manual in pdf format, or even an online reference on your site to basic things such as the above to where we can point people with questions, with updated info, and an FAQ section, would be such a help to both you and us,

Who knows, it could even lessen the amount of support queries you get in your mailbox substantially.

Just my opinion.:geek:
Well really, we shell out $30 for the software at least they could do is provide a user manual, kind of a no brainier if you ask me.

I think you"ll find these sims dont come with manuals, thats what forums are for. If your new to this just post your question in a new thread.

Okay, there is not a manual and more than likely won't be a manual.... I get it. Posting a question on a forum is fine if you have the time and patients to wait for an answer... to a question that has been asked a bazilllion times because nobody thought enough of the software to create a manual for it.... there is no good excuse, there should be a manual for the software.

Well really, we shell out $30 for the software at least they could do is provide a user manual, kind of a no brainier if you ask me.
How is Stock Car Extreme any different than any other game - console or PC. I've always liked browsing through a manual but can't remember the last time I've seen one included - a real guide, not a 2-3 page basic overview that helps no one but the first time gamer - put disk in, select install, this is "Start Game".

I agree. Not really with installation, but more on config file parameters, etc., as many times I've had to re-edit the PLR file for some optimizations and later on have to search again to re-apply the same adjustments (after either an update or reset of the player file, etc.). Many in RD are really helpful, but at times it's not practical to wait for replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back