1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke Down

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by reborn67, Apr 25, 2014.

1. I just had to write this as a former Rfactor 2 holdout. I tried Rfactor2/Rfactor1 demo's a couple months ago, after I had already bought Assetto Corsa, Live For Speed, GT Legends ,Race 07/ plus add on's, GTR2, Richard Burns Rally/2014, Dirt 3, and still was not really impressed either one at the time. Last month I bought GSC 2013/ Extreme which really perked my interest in tweaking the FFB on all the sims but especially the Rfactor engine. Trying again, I downloaded the CR6 demo at Lime Rock and wanted my other sims to feel like that, so I adjusted all the other sims to feel closer to Rfactor2 demo. I got the others close to the FFB and feel of the CR6 Demo and was satisfied with my favorite sims being AC, GSC Extreme, GTR2, RBR, Dirt 3 and then GT legends in that order at that time. I eventually deleted Race 07 because it felt too controlled. Yesterday, I downloaded the Civic Demo and absolutely felt connected to the road and couldn't stop playing it, even with all the other sims(did play BF4 and Titanfall). So, I bought it and have to say, I wish I would have known then, what I know now. Now, it's Rfactor2, AC, GSC Extreme, RBR2014 and still like Dirt 3. I think I wasted my money on some of the others. I'm probably going to delete LFS and GTR2 because they will never be played. I hope anyone reading this might be convinced to buy it, it's that good.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bez

All the gear, no idea... Premium Member

I had the exact same experience, beginning of the year finally bought a wheel, bought every sim out there then realised none of them even come close to the "feel" and as you mentioned the connection to car/road of rfactor 2. virtua_lm mid ohio track and wsgt megane mod are a brilliant combo to try out, i'm also loving the paid for mod by URD (EGT).
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah Marc, I bought the URD(EGT) mod today based on your recommendation and other peoples opinion, giving high praises for the feel of their cars. I would say my opinion agrees with Darin Gangy's review from Inside Sim Racing, that they feel similar to AC as far as grip and type of cars. I really enjoy the difficulty of ISI base cars and the karts.
  4. Yeah I picked it up after the Karts were released. Very impressed with the physics and FFB. And now with a little tweaking the graphics are pretty good now too.
    • Like Like x 1