British Youngster Billy Monger Loses Lower Legs in Horrific F4 Accident

Wish they have donate a little bit earlier.
To improve safety in these lower and less popular series, too.
Sadly, it's not only F1 series in which people get seriously hurt.

Sometimes I feel like an one of those poor Rome citizens on Colosseum wall.
Bread and circuses. The more I cheer the more fiercely they would fight.
If I wasn't there, if we're not there... for whom they would fight for?
Maybe it's up to us. Maybe we should stop. (support this)

There's so many other sports that could entertain our thirsty soul. Not only those in which spectators (WRC, earlier this year) and young drivers get killed or getting hurt ...as this bad. :-/
We're not in gladiators times anymore.
In life itself its all about risks and sometimes those risks can end in tragedy, If we didn't take risks then not just Motorspots but the human race as a whole would not improve upon its mistakes and we would be afraid of everything or stagnate, and just like Billy the answer is to never give up fight those set backs and put downs, become stronger, and if he decides to come back to motorsports in whatever form i will not be disappointed in him i would admire his bravery and support the lad all the way there to the finish line.

Let's hope this unfortunate event will results in a much safer F4 cars in particular and other motorsports in general. Speedy recovery Billy! may today's medical/prosthetic limb technology advancements will eventually help you race again.

Whilst this is tragic and heart wrenching,you have to remind yourself,this lad and his family knew the risks involved..He had talent,it was in his blood,he did what he enjoyed doing...Luckily he will see another day,others have,nt.The racing community is strong,you can see this clearly,he will recover,he can take inspiration from Zanardi,even inspire others.To question that its not safe is rubbish,no sport is 100% safe,it cant be too many variables...Donation sent,speedy recovery young man,keep the dream alive...you never no...

This is so sad, I hope he can keep on racing in the future, just like Zanardi, I feel like any true racing fan with some spare money should at least donate 5 pounds.

A friend showed me the replay of the crash shortly after it happened. I had my money on broken legs at worst, but my heart really sunk when I saw the news story that he'd lost both legs. Totally shocking news, hope he keeps fighting and can race again someday.

Very sad, no time to react... i feel for this lad. I hope this doesnt exstinguish his dream of becoming a racing driver, even with disability he can still make it.

All i know is, his life will change forever, it will be a long and hard road ahead for him and his family.

We never wish these things to happen to others, but as in life you have to keep pushing, you have to keep going, to be positive and feel maybe something can come of this.

Good luck Billy, maybe we will see you in the near future, still living the dream.

And as soon as someone turns 18 they get Titanium bones and ultra reflexes that allow them to race?

The fact he is underage (in most countries) doesn't change a thing.
Not to mention he did nothing wrong, just unsighted, nowhere to go, and very bad luck.

Obviously, all best wishes to Billy for the future, but also to everyone else involved, the guy in the car he hit, the marshalls and the spectators who were there. I have been at a couple of race meetings where people were killed and it's not something you ever forget even just as a spectator.

I expect to see Billy racing again in the future (BTCC maybe) especially with Alex Zanardi, the Mission Motorsports guys and Fred Sausset having shown what is possible with even worse injuries.

According to a BBC article, Billy Monger will race again. His cousin, racing car driver Mark Sumpter, is quoted as saying Billy "definitely wants to get back behind the wheel".

Formula 1 teams and drivers will be showing their support at Sochi with #BillyWhizz stickers.

Article link: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-39756801

I wish Billy Monger the strength needed for the recovery process that lies ahead of him and all the best for his future plans.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back