rF2 British Touring Car Cup @ Brands Hatch - Thursday 29th October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good race! Thanks all.
Had a huge spin on lap 2 but managed eventually to get back on the track. The rest of the race went without incidents and I kept fairly consistent lap times at mid/high 1:34's (1 sec faster than my quali).

Well, a bit slow but consistent and no (well one) incidents. I also felt I handled the laping cars OK as well (or?):unsure:. So, I'm happy with the day and learning all the time. :D

Took a quick look at you fast guys at the replay and realised that I don't really use the full width of the track and probably lose a lot of time and speed, especially in the fast corners and the exits. Something I have to work on.

I also felt I handled the laping cars OK as well (or?):unsure:.
I don't want to be harsh or ruin your day, but when I lapped you, your timing and place was pretty much perfectly wrong for changing your line :D

Generally the best idea is to just stay on the racing line and when the faster car makes his/her overtaking move, you make it easy for them.

Tonight when I caught up with you, I decided to take a tighter line out of the corner when you seemed a bit slow in and got a bit deep/wide, and thus slower at the exit. But right at that moment, at the exit of the corner, you decided to let me have the racing line and pulled in front of my car and I had to avoid hitting you :D

The idea of pulling over is fine, but you also have to time it right. Or at least make sure you don't do it when the car behind is too close to avoid you. And at the exit of a corner isn't a good place for it either. You want to do that on a straight, after a corner and before a corner.

But generally the fastest (in terms of lost laptime) and safest way for both cars is that the slower car stays on the racing line and the faster car does the "hard work" :)

Just to be perfectly clear; I'm not mad or anything. All good :)

Had an awesome evening. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you guys! :)

Did not really had the pace of the aliens, but could keep a nice pace. Matt came just before the race so I hoped I could follow him, but he way too fast for me. Making a mistake in the second corner costed me 3 positions. Joern (?) (Sorry don't see you name on the sign up list) was gaining on me fast as he had pitted after the first lap. I could defent my position really well for many laps, but made a mistake in turn 1 and lost my position to him. I decided to try to keep up with him and... I could. :) After some laps he made a mistake and I could gain my position back. It was a clean fight and I loved it. :thumbsup: A lap before the finish he ma a move on me and toughed me, which made my car spin off. And he waited for me to gain back my position. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Awesome action mate, but you don' t have to drop back that far. ;)

As I said loved the cars and track.

@Daiman Patel , please more of this stuff. Maybe the btcc at Croft;)

My first rf2 race in almost half a year and it was lots of fun.It actually was good fun starting last and working my way through the field.Had a legit shot at second the last couple laps but i made a mistake in turn 2 and had a small of track.Thanks for the race and i hope i can catch more rf2 events this winter.And agree with Stefan these cars almost need to be raced once a week there that good.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back