19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 19:25 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 19:30 GMT - 30 minutes [standing start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. Daiman Patel *
  2. Stefan Woudenberg
  3. Sten-Ake Svensson
  4. Matt Horst
  5. Frederic Schornstein
  6. Tero Dahlberg
  7. David Slute
  8. Tal Segal
  9. Marius Neverauskas
  10. John Souter
  11. Craig Patteson
  12. Kreshnik Halili
  13. Tobias Röhner
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 33

Last edited:
I'm in please :)

Nice with a track that I'm quite familiar with and where I have a reasonable clue about the racing line, braking points etc :thumbsup:
The cars are all new to me though so I'm up for some testing next week :unsure:

Any recommendations on a car to start with that's reasonably stable with default setup? :unsure:

I think they're all FWD so they're probably quite stable no matter the setup. The only oversteer you'll likely encounter is throttle lift-off oversteer on corner entry and possibly mid-corner. You can affect that quite a bit by just by avoiding fast and/or big throttle lifts.

I can be more specific once I try some of the cars.

I think they're all FWD so they're probably quite stable no matter the setup. The only oversteer you'll likely encounter is throttle lift-off oversteer on corner entry and possibly mid-corner. You can affect that quite a bit by just by avoiding fast and/or big throttle lifts.

Thanks Tero :thumbsup:

Those kind of driving tips are really valuable for a rookie like me.

By the way, do you have some basic driving tips on throttle/braking techniques for the RWD GT3 cars. No matter what car or setup I use I often find myself "fighting against the car", especially with understeer. So I guess for me it's not basically a setup issue, but rather my driving technique.

Greatful for any help :D

To help you guys (or not :D). I did some laps with default setup (medium tires):

Toyota: x:xx:356 (lucky lap)
BMW: x:xx:409 ==> RWD :thumbsup:
Cruze: x:xx:540
Focus: x:xx:599
Civic: x:xx:653 (but i did only 3 laps)

Default setups are nice. I don't mind this being a fix setup series. But i can't make it Thursday. :unsure:

I think locked setups would be fun, but I know the default of the Civic is very oversteery as it has a very hard rear anti-rollbar by default.

I hope I can make it. Really love this combination.

Had a great race lots of month ago third race of three starting nearly last (full grid reverse) and went from something like 28th to 1st in 20min. Staying away from the crashes was one of the hardest things :D

Where did the fixed setup propositioon come from? I seem to have missed that :D
I think locked setups would be fun, but I know the default of the Civic is very oversteery as it has a very hard rear anti-rollbar by default.
No kidding! At least the way I drive, I get insane lift-off oversteer on entry in the Civic and Focus with default setup! Only two cars I tried. Unlike the other FWD cars I've driven, rF2 Clio and SCE Touring Cars, these cars seem to have a ton of oversteer "built-in"!

I tried a lot of "extreme" values to get rid of that behavior, but was never able to make the car understeer on entry :D Though I only did maybe 40 laps in total in the two cars last night.

Did some more laps. Also tested the BMW briefly.

The Civic and Focus are basically the same. But the same settings in the Civic seem to be a tad easier car to drive.

The BMW is really great imo. In terms of feel/feedback it's up there with URD EGT cars (except the C7 which is worse than the others) for me. And so it's much better than BES, Apex or ISI GT cars. I think it's the tyres more than anything that makes the biggest difference. But just a guess.

I was a few tenths slower in the BMW though. But the setup is still a bit understeery for me. It's a bit funny that the RWD car in the mod is quite understeery and the FWDs that I tested are way oversteery! One would think it's the other way around.

Too bad the BMW looks like crap (not the mod, but in IRL too), otherwises it would be an easy choice for me! But I think it's between the Civic and Focus, slightly leaning toward the Civic atm.

Oh, and front tyre management in the FWDs is going to be a challenge! So the BMW is the safest choice in that respect.

Attached are setups for BMW, Civic and Focus.

Attachments

• TD_BTCCBMW_Brands_R1.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 230
  • TD_BTCCCivic_Brands_R2.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 230
  • TD_BTCCFocus_Brands_R6.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 239

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years