British Super Touring '97 addon

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
I'm considering making a '97 season addon to my '98 mod. The plan is to use the existing models, physics and engines files (except for the 4wd audi) and to just add the teams to the mod (in the same way as in the STW '98 addon).
The new cars will have their own '97 class, but do someone know if it will cause problems to use the same car ID's?
It seems to work fine with different .inccar files with the same car ID's as long as they use exactly the same performance files, but maybe the different car classes will cause trouble...

I think this would be a great way to save some car ID's:)

I think it will work...............just use the .incar to make the difference..........ie: 98_honda.inccar

becomes ie:97_honda.incar or honda_1997.incar

car ID's shouldn't but Identical car numbers will cause a no show

so for 1997 cars , maybe 97017_Accord and so on

or BST97_Accord and so on

Only problem comes when people start to use the car filter... if say someone selects the Peugeot 406 and it is in two classes then all drivers from the two classes are avaliable. TBH it just depends if/how people use the car filter!

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks for the info. I hope we can live with that ;)
supertouring98187.jpg

The plan is still to make the cavalier, a volvo 850 and maybe some more ST cars.
But making a whole car is much work, so a lot of inspiration is needed. For the moment I'm concentrating on provideing the updates of the '98 mod to the other ST mods.

So I think the cavalier will be a later addon:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%