1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XB1 British GT - Silverstone GP - Saturday 23 May 2015

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Rob, May 20, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

SILVERSTONE GP
    British GT Championship Practice

5/23/2015 @ 9:30pm GMT; 10:30pm BST; 5:30pm USEDT​
    We are visiting England appropriately, as this is the first race on the calendar and we still have a few issues to iron out for the British GT Championship on Xbox

All league members can sign up for this event and we have extra slots available so make sure to bring a friend if he might be interested in joining. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Cars: All GT3 cars
    Track: Silverstone GP
    Practice: 21:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 21:30 GMT (10 minutes)
    Race: 21:40 GMT (30 laps)
    Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 2:01.358

Extra:
    • Build several pit strategies before the race and save them for use quickly when you enter the pits for the mandatory stop. (See series rules).
    • Several members are experiencing wheel ffb issues (known issue being addressed by SMS) on the Xbox, so a three lap reset rule will be in effect for ffb related issues that are announced.
    • There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.
    • Be sure to record your races so we can get an idea of how the race went.
    • League Rules apply otherwise.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Rob

Rob

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #50 Audi GT3
    2. James Underhill / MoshizZ / #52 Ginetta GT3
    3. Dylan Hember/H3MB3RD/Z4
    4. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mclaren 12C GT3

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #50 Audi GT3
    2. James Underhill / MoshizZ / #52 Ginetta GT3

(Think it's #52...MattC Textiles one...)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dylan Hember/H3MB3RD/Z4

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mclaren 12C GT3

6. Just a quick note for anyone racing.
    I may be creating a race edit video for this event, to save me time watching EVERYONES whole race, It would be nice if you could send me a message stating moments in your race.

These moments could be a good overtake or battle, great save, a crash, spin, anything you see happen in front or even maybe a racing incident.

Anyway, If you would like some of your race in he video send me a quick message saying the moment, and around what lap.

Make sure to remember everything
    Thanks.

7. Rob

Rob

GREAT! Idea Dylan. We have never had that before. I'll be sure to do my part. We will feature your videos of of course. Maybe even get some attention at SMS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I may or may not be here. I forgot one very important thing women like to watch shitty eurovision which means i could potentially be out as they only watch the results bit weirdly :cautious: :thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

I've just shut my other half in the bedroom watching it so i can take part! :(

10. You are a braver man then I fella :laugh: Gunna regret that in the morning :laugh:

11. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

We're off to the Villa game tomorrow so she'll be alright once she's having a pie haha. Then i've said i'll paint the hallway on Monday to keep her quiet!!

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Does this event start in an hour?
    I thought it should of started 5 mkns ago?

13. 1030 Dylan we're in BST at the moment :)

14. Well ive lost the battle eurovision is now on my TV :cry:

15. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

I got confused too, gonna be a late one!

But yeah, i thought it was 9pm England time, not 10pm!

16. Rob

Rob

Starts at 10:30 BST. I thought GMT was an hour behind when our clocks were on Summer Time? 10:30pm BST is in the header. Gimme a sec and I'll be in. James...you are in right?

17. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

Yeah we're ready :)

18. Rob

Rob

Very, ummm, good learning experience. I think we will have to go with rolling starts after a standing start. At least we will all be lined up in the right order and can then run around the track once and then start on our own. There are just too many of us who lose FFB in between sessions.

Once the difficult start and boring first half were out of the way, I got into a rhythm and found myself the fortunate benefactor of some misfortune that had befallen Dylan and James during the race. I ended up having a titanic battle with Dylan at the end, who surely would have gotten me but for a couple of very slight offs and too few laps. The only time we did make contact, Dylan showed a lot of class by letting me retake the lead (I could not see him on the right, but should have panned). He probably could have gotten me there. You can see it all in the video I posed in the race videos section. All in all, a good learning experience. Thanks to those to showed. I'm sure it will help us greatly come time to race for real.

Order of Qualifying
    :
    1. Dylan
    2. James
    3. Robert

Order of Finish:
    1. Robert
    2. Dylan
    3. James

19. Glad you guys had some fun here. Disappointing turnout for a first run out in the new game... should be having to lock the doors this early on in the games life.

Very worrying to hear of the problems at the start. Sounds like they have not learned the lessons from Shift 2 which is a big surprise given the amount of time they've had to get this together and iron out such problems..

I'll try to watch your video Robert... looking forward to it :thumbsup:

20. Rob

Rob

It was a holiday here in the States, so that may have contributed to the low turnout. I also think people are still a bit intimidated or confused by the game. Just wait until you get a wheel. lol. I expect things to pick up, though, and a patch or two or three to be available shortly. We will clearly have to do a "slow" lap to reset wheels, but other than that, I don't see any major issues. The game is a joy.