1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

British GT - Race Videos Pre Season. (Archive)

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Dylan Hember, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just posting this so you guys can post your upcoming race videos.
    Be nice to keep them all together.

• Like Like x 2
  2. So just trying out the capture card and software.
    So went into practice, chose a Z4 GT3 and these were the first 2 laps. Nothing special but just wanting to test some features.

Conclusion:
    Great recording, it even records a select amount of time even when you are not recording, so if you suddenly do something, you can go back and record it. Brilliant feature! However the software for editing is very basic! The only things i can do are crop the video and then save it.
    So I have been looking at sony vegas.

• Like Like x 3
  3. What capture device did you get in the end Dylan? Looks very good. What sort of file sizes does it produce?

4. I splashed out on an Elgato HD60

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. What are your impressions of it so far?

Is it standalone or does it require being connected to a pc to work? The bits I've read about it only refer to its use when connected to a pc.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  6. Well I have only used it that time, but it seems very good. I believe it has to be connected to a PC, as there is no hot button to stop/start recording.
    I am not 100% but the HD60 is one of two that can record 1080p at 60fps?
    Anyway, this is also the only one that comes with its own software. It is quite basic but just nice to have, the rendering speeds on the software are very fast also. I haven't found any downsides at the moment. Will write a full review after a few more uses :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Practice Race, Silverstone - 5/23/15
    Some cool pit stop action at the start, then an epic battle with Dylan at the end (fast forward to 7:20)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pole Lap at the Practice race

• Like Like x 1
  9. I can't watch the pole video. I click play and it says "This video is private." Maybe you did that intentionally. Just letting you know in case you didn't intend for it to be private.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Shows as private Dylan..

11. Finally managed to watch that Robert, enjoyed it especially the last half dozen laps. Would love to see them from cockpit view if you get the chance to upload it like that :thumbsup:

Regarding the pit stops is that how they actually are or did you have some graphics reduced? Seemed odd watching one guy at the front of the car and another standing over by the side facing the wrong way :/

Anyway, certainly got me looking forward to some time in the car when i get back :thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. Rob

Rob

I put my whole race up so watch away in cockpit view!
    Regarding the pit stops, yea, it is a bit odd at the moment, but you will notice during the starting segment a clip with a full crew (looks pretty cool too) and that's what will be added eventually. Lot's of polishing yet to do with this game. We have to remember we are not dealing with Codemasters here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Let's wait until they polish it first ;)

Maybe CM have become more like SMS... they have just delayed F1 after all lol

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  14. Rob

Rob

They have been "polishing" it for three years. What makes you think they will stop now? lol. Codemasters lays a turd (or sometimes a decent game that's just not complete) and maybe throws in a patch to say they tried. They have a long history of this, and many PC players (and now many console players) are very leery of Codemasters, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt IMO. But I agree...anything is possible. I would not have thought pCARS would need *this* much polish! lol.

15. Mod Edit: duplicate post in paddock chat

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  16. Rob

Rob

17. pCars 2 ;)

But regardless its a cracking title that i hope gets more recognition on console as time goes on. That's why i hope the release of F1 will bring new players onto the scene that so far are steering clear. It will definitely be the push for some to go next gen who currently are holding off.

PC players have been able to be more picky due to the wide sim choice they have. It's not been so easy on console.

18. My pole lap should be available now

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob

Rob

Sweet lap. Great battle at the end there too. Thanks. I was so lonely for much of the race, and ten you came and pushed me like hell. I saw that last off and would have been there myself but for the grace of God. I was pushing...actually running scared. lol.

• Love Love x 1
  20. Thanks mate, watching back there are a few places I braked earlier (due to lack of practice), so with a few setup up changes and better braking I can go slightly quicker.
    And it was a great battle, the way you drove I wouldn't of get past with another 100 laps!

My Z4 was no match for your Audi on the straights, the only real chance I had was when you messed up in sector one, and we were side by side on wellington straight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.