Brian's Mod Testing - Testers Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianUK

So blunt a hammer looks sharp
LAST MOD UPDATE - 02/04/2017

I'm going to be putting links to any and all txts I would like to offer for testing in this thread. I currently have a couple of mods I would like to offer up for testing.

Please Note: If you are using TheFlamingRed's Vanilla Balance Mod, then these mods are already included within that mod, either in entirety or in part. Details below:

Personality Traits mod - Version 1.13
Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.2 (Long preferences only)
Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - GT - Version 1.1 (Long preferences only)

Personality Traits mod - Version 1.22 (Updated 02/04/2017):

Link to txts: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2c92zu4o1igc35h/AADCQQhoW_UZYLuGdAUhKE_Oa?dl=0

Compatibility 'patch' Frontend if you wish to use Personality Traits 1.21 with TheFlamingRed's Vanilla Balance Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aot4l118rkbx0yy/AABuwxyVuk94ZoE2U6moZ76za?dl=0

1.22 Changelog:
Corrected text for 'Resentful'
Corrected PSG for the last line of the 'Resentful' email

1.21 Changelog:
Added TheFlamingRed's Dilemmas and Interviews with permission, which are now adjusted to reflect the new trait numbers.

1.2 Changelog:
144. Training Young Drivers - Age > 21
241. Broken Metatarsal - -30 Improvability
242. Dislocated Shoulder - -30 Improvability
243. Whiplash - -15 Improvability
239. Sprained Wrist - -15 Improvability
177. Back Problems - -15 Improvability
180. Dodgy Neck - -15 Improvability, reduced duration to 4-10 weeks
178. Cracked Rib - -15 Improvability, reduced duration to 4-10 weeks
240. Eye Problems - -15 Improvability
176. Fever - -15 Improvability
175. Flu - -15 Improvability
174. Cold - -5 Improvability

Implemented 11 new traits, 4 of which are reserved for drivers who have been a reigning or ex- champion, 2 are currently unused:-
334. Ex-ERS Champ - "...and what a step it was." - Permanent, from ERS Champ - +20 Marketability, +20 Morale, +12 Mechanic Relationship, -8 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +10 Potential, +2 Improvability, +100 Desired Earnings
335. Ex-APS Champ - "Just another step on the way to the top!" - Permanent, from APS Champ - +30 Marketability, +20 Morale, +18 Mechanic Relationship, -12 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +12 Potential, +2 Improvability, +320 Desired Earnings
336. Ex-WMC Champ - "I reached the top...it was beautiful." - Permanent, from WMC Champ - +40 Marketability, +20 Morale, +24 Mechanic Relationship, -16 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +14 Potential, +2 Improvability, +600 Desired Earnings
337. Ex-GTC Champ - "...and what a step it was." - Permanent, from GTC Champ - +16 Marketability, +20 Morale, +10 Mechanic Relationship, -6 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +8 Potential, +2 Improvability, +160 Desired Earnings
338. Ex-IGTC Champ - "I drove 5,000 miles, and I'll drive 5,000 more." - Permanent, from IGTC Champ - +32 Marketability, +20 Morale, +20 Mechanic Relationship, -14 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +14 Potential, +2 Improvability, +400 Desired Earnings
339. Race of Champions - "I feel honoured to have been invited!" - Temp, 6-10 weeks, can become RoC Champion - +15 Marketability
340. Race of Champions Champion - "I beat the best of the best...I'M UNSTOPPABLE!" - Permanent - +25 Marketability, +1 Improvability
341. Hall of Fame - "Forever to be remembered..." - Permanent - +50 Marketability
342. Building on Success - "There is more potential within me!" - Temp, 30-50 weeks - +25 Potential, +2 Improvability
343. Disappointed - "What?! I can't believe you said "No"..." - Temp, 2-6 weeks, can become Resentful - -10 Morale
344. Resentful - "I can't even look you in the eyes." - Temp, 30-50 weeks - -20 Morale, Won't have contract talks with you

Implemented new MediaReports to go with the new traits that needed them.

Archived changelogs - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fN15iNTXFmE4YzPFnRIlVkN46M1RcgXrvZ2Wz2wL02Q/edit?usp=sharing

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.31 (Updated 02/04/2017):

Link to txt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2qqosikcwrt8kc/AACQhASMjVwm24dG-3gZc_kNa?dl=0

1.31 Changelog:
Increased MinPerformanceTimeCost
- from 10s to 20s

1.3 Changelog:
Increased MinPerformanceTimeCost
- from 1s to 10s

Decreased CriticalPartTimeCosts
- from 7.8s to 4s

1.21 Changelog:
Increased Tier time costs
- Tier2 from 5s to 8s
- Tier3 from 10s to 16s

1.2 Changelog:
Decreased high performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 4 down to 2
- Hardest - from 5 down to 4
- Inters - from 4 down to 3
- Wets - from 4 down to 3

Increased medium performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 4 up to 5
- Hardest - from 10 up to 12
- Inters - from 8 up to 14
- Wets - from 8 up to 14

Reduced medium performance laps for middle compound (medium)
- Medium - from 8 down to 7

Decreased low performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 3 down to 2
- Medium - from 4 down to 3
- Hardest - from 5 down to 3

Tyre life increase for wet compounds (medium)
- Inters - from ~16 laps to ~21 laps
- Wets - from ~16 laps to ~21 laps

Tyre life reduction for dry compounds (medium)
- Softest - from ~11 laps down to ~9 laps
- Medium - from ~15 laps down to ~13 laps
- Hardest - from ~20 laps down to ~19 laps

1.1 Changelog:
Merged additional lines for the new ERS system

1.0 Changelog in the spoiler:
Increased all average race distances by ~15% (in miles)
- Short - from 50 up to 58
- Medium - from 80 up to 98
- Long - from 130 up to 150

Increased difference in miles for short/medium/long races in rules
- Short - from +-7 up to +-11
- Medium - from +-10 up to +-22
- Long - from +-15 to +-33

Increased tyre range in wet weather
- Slicks - from 0-0.12 up to 0-0.15
- Inters - from 0.10-0.65 up to 0.10-0.68

Decreased drop-off time loss
- Ultras - from 8s down to 5s
- Supers - from 8s down to 4.5s
- Softs - from 8s down to 4s
- Medium - from 8s down to 3s
- Hards - from 8s down to 2s

Decreased wrong weather penalty
- All dry compounds - from 20s down to 15s

Decreased high performance laps for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 9 down to 4
- Hardest - from 9 down to 7
- Inters - from 5 down to 3
- Wets - from 5 down to 3

Increased medium performance laps for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 7 up to 9
- Hardest - from 18 up to 22
- Inters - from 9 up to 16
- Wets - from 9 up to 16

Reduced medium performance laps for middle compound (long only)
- Medium - from 17 down to 15

Decreased low performance laps for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 4 down to 2
- Medium - from 6 down to 4
- Hardest - from 9 down to 5

Increased smoothness bonus/penalty for some compounds (long only)
- Hardest - from 2 up to 3
- Inters - from 1 up to 2
- Wets - from 1 up to 2

Decreased smoothness bonus/penalty for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 2 down to 1
- Medium - from 3 down to 2

Increased tyre wear bonus/penalty for wet compounds (long only)
- Inters - from 1 up to 2
- Wets - from 1 up to 2

Decreased tyre wear bonus/penalty for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 3 down to 2
- Medium - from 4 down to 3
- Hardest - from 6 down to 4

Tyre life increase for wet compounds (long only)
- Inters - from ~19 laps to ~26 laps
- Wets - from ~19 laps to ~26 laps

Tyre life reduction for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from ~20 laps down to ~15 laps
- Medium - from ~28 laps down to ~24 laps
- Hardest - from ~36 laps down to ~34 laps

Known Issues:
None yet, needs testing.

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - GT - Version 1.1 (updated 03/03/2017):

Link to txt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntizuchvjn899i/AADuFbhus6a-exoWANXw7NHwa?dl=0

1.1 Changelog:
Adopted TFR's changes to crucial part penalties

Increased Tier time costs
- Tier2 from 5s to 7.5s
- Tier3 from 10s to 15s

Reduced driver perfomance delta from 3s to 2.5s for all lengths

Reduced cliff time costs for all compounds
- Ultras - from 6s to 5s
- Supers - from 6s to 4.5s
- Softs - from 6s to 3.5s
- Mediums - from 6s to 2.5s
- Hards - from 6s to 2s
- Inters - from 6s to 3s
- Wets - from 6s to 3s

Reduced wet weather penalties for dry tyres
From 20s to 15s

1.0 Changelog:
Note: Short races in the rules are now the same distance that medium (less short, which is 9 miles shorter) was prior to my edits. The purpose of this is to enable both sprint and endurance GT championships, which means they are a different challenge from Single Seaters, with different strategies being added alongside the new hybrid systems and ERS.

The most balanced option is Long races, I used the percentages from my Long edits to balance the others as I never play them, and never will. Please let me know if anything is off, overpowered or just plain wrong.

Long races:
Corrected incorrect fuel cost per lap
Increased LongRaceLength from 130 to 240
Increased LongRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta - from -15 to -110
Increased LongRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta - from 15 to 110
Decreased Softest compound fast laps from 9 to 4
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 7 to 12
Increased Middle compound life from 28 to 34 laps
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 17 to 22
Increased Middle compound slow laps from 6 to 7
Decreased Middle compound slow laps drop-off from 3.5s to 3.25s
Increased Hardest compound life from 36 to 45 laps
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 18 to 25
Increased Hardest compound slow laps from 9 to 11
Increased Inters life from 19 to 33 laps
Increased Inters fast laps from 5 to 6
Increased Inters medium laps from 9 to 20
Increased Inters slow laps from 5 to 7
Increased Wets life from 19 to 33 laps
Increased Wets fast laps from 5 to 6
Increased Wets medium laps from 9 to 20
Increased Wets slow laps from 5 to 7

Medium races:
Increased MediumRaceLength from 85 to 157
Increased MediumRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta from -10 to -73
Increased MediumRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta from 10 to 73
Reduced Softest compound fast laps from 4 to 2
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 4 to 6
Increased Middle compound life from 15 to 18 laps
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 8 to 10
Increased Middle compound slow laps from 4 to 5
Decreased Middle compound slow laps drop-off from 3.5 to 3.25
Increased Hardest compound life from 20 to 25 laps
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 10 to 14
Increased Hardest compound slow laps from 5 to 6
Increased Inters life from 16 to 28
Increased Inters fast laps from 4 to 5
Increased Inters medium laps from 8 to 18
Increased Inters slow laps from 4 to 5
Increased Wets life from 16 to 28
Increased Wets fast laps from 4 to 5
Increased Wets medium laps from 8 to 18
Increased Wets slow laps from 4 to 5

Short races:
Increased ShortRaceLength from 50 to 92
Increased ShortRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta from -7 to -51
Increased ShortRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta from 7 to 51
Reduced Softest compound fast laps from 4 to 2
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 3 to 5
Increased Middle compound life from 11 to 13
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 6 to 8
Increased Hardest compound life from 13 to 16
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 6 to 9
Increased Inters life from 11 to 19
Increased Inters fast laps from 3 to 4
Increased Inters medium laps from 5 to 11
Increased Inters slow laps from 3 to 4
Increased Wets life from 11 to 19
Increased Wets fast laps from 3 to 4
Increased Wets medium laps from 5 to 11
Increased Wets slow laps from 3 to 4

Last edited:
He may well be, however I'm sure you'll find out from his update (whenever that happens) whether or not it has been included in his mod. Otherwise the standard merging will continue.

I'll let you know either way when the time comes.

Just posted a quick update to the Personality Traits mod, I found an error in one of the emails (while testing something else), so there is a new MediaReports now.

I'm holding fire on adding my big champion traits overhaul as the vanilla versions are bugged, where they don't spawn in any discipline. I can't find where the devs made the error so I can't fix it myself. Achievements are working though, so if anyone can see what triggers the 'Win IGTC with Oranje' achievement, maybe we can find out what the issue is.

I'm also working on getting some ideas for new Dilemmas, which I will build into the Personality Traits mod.

29-92 Laps on Long Races. Isn't the gap (63 laps) a little bit much? (Max is great but the min. laps seems to be to few)

And how are the effects on the parts reliability? Can we finish the race without repairing? (say part reliabilities were around 80-100%)

Part deg scales fine, I only had to repair one part on one car in my test (117 laps of Yokohama).

The range is from the shortest race with short rules, to the longest race with long rules. I did it as full ranges because saying, for example, 50 laps average when it has quite a large swing either way felt a little vague to me. I'm also using the least laps on the longest track, to the most laps on the shortest track.

Remember, the delta on long preference race distance has moved up from +-15 to +-33 for SS and the base miles now up to 150, so short rules are pretty much identical to what they were in vanilla, while both medium and long have moved up, with long being a real F1 distance (~183 miles). The goal of the SS changes (tyres, race length) was to erase the Soft spam and make each race length pose a better challenge rather than just adding or taking 5-8 laps either way.

And how is the AI handling the situation. Does it try to finish the race on the softest compound or is it using other tyres as well?

And since you created the mod how is your experience so far? Does it change the air of the races?

I posted some screenshots of pit strategy from my endurance test when I did it on Monday: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/brians-mod-testing-testers-wanted.131875/page-4#post-2409678

They seem to be absolutely fine, barring the issues the Devs brought on in wet weather strat recently.

I played a whole season of ERS, and the reduced tyre life really makes you think about how hard you are running your tyres, especially when you have a bad driver/car combination on a high wear track. I'm still considering adding a lap or two back on to softer tyres at a weekend, pending other opinions.

I have made a few updates to the GTDesignData. New file is available, changelog will be up shortly.

I will be making a small update to my SSDesignData soon, with a bigger PT update scheduled for later.

Just kidding. FlamingRed already said that this was a test run. So I am poking around in the game. :roflmao:

Nothing serious going on. But I like the changes that you made. 46 lap race. SS(14-16) S(23-25). Of course with my drivers and trying to keep tyre temp at optimum, I coudn't reach even does numbers. So started with S (with both drivers). One made 19 laps the other 20 laps. Again S for both driver one 20 laps the other 21 laps this time. Last stint on SS. 2. Car driver came 9th (+1 Lap) and the other 10th (+2 Lap). 1 crash and 2 retirements. Was really nice.

I've posted the large update to my PT mod now, I kinda hit the 25,000 character limit on the post, so I'll post the fuller effects later. It's experimental because I've made some big changes and I'm still not 100% sure if they work. They should work, but who knows?

Also, good to see you're enjoying the SS changes :D.

With your tyre changes and FlamingReds pitlane speed changes it's better now to try different tyres, instead going for the SS (or US) always. Since now I am really feeling like a Backmarker team.

Hey Brian, is the media's (I guess they all are tweets) that show up on race weekend (after practice, after quali, after race) consider your teams and drivers estimated positions?

I am a backmarker team who's target is 10th, and my drivers are estimated to 19th-20th. Even when they come 10-11 and the team 4th, I get negative tweets. I believe that they have no effect, also I love that side of the game but after a time it gets a little bit discouraging.

Hey Brian, is the media's (I guess they all are tweets) that show up on race weekend (after practice, after quali, after race) consider your teams and drivers estimated positions?

I am a backmarker team who's target is 10th, and my drivers are estimated to 19th-20th. Even when they come 10-11 and the team 4th, I get negative tweets. I believe that they have no effect, also I love that side of the game but after a time it gets a little bit discouraging.

I haven't looked at or touched Tweets, so I don't know. From red's thread, it seems some are random and will pop up now and then, and some are specific.

In other news: I'm withdrawing my 1.2 PT mod tonight, as it doesn't seem to be working. I am currently writing up a new system where the Reigning Champion trait can become Ex-Champion if the driver does not repeat a championship, and will be separate for every series. The trait effects I have in 1.2 are being retained, so a championship winning driver can grow beyond their initial limits.

The Reigning and Ex- Champion traits will also have traits that can only be attained while the driver has one of those traits active, like being invited to the Race of Champions, being inducted into the Hall of Fame and things like that. Some current traits like Mentor will also be moved to be a champion only trait with an age restriction. They will have a high to very high (70-95%) chance of spawning once the driver has the champion traits.

I should be uploading a new 1.2 tonight, which will contain Ex-Champion traits for every tier, which give 2/5ths of the buffs the adjusted Reigning Champion traits will give.

I also have 4 traits that only Reigning and Ex-Champions can get, to give further meaning to a driver winning. This will hopefully be expanded upon over time.

I also wrote up some traits which only affect unemployed and reserve drivers today, which I will do some private testing on to make sure they work before I release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%