BREAKING: Nico Rosberg Retires from Formula One

@gamer19
Please be careful when posting large copy/pasted walls of text as you may accidentally get picked up by our spam filter which may ban your account permanently.

Also I know you're just trying to add extra info from credible sources, but it's also plagiarism to simply copy and paste it. Instead of pasting an article in it's entirety, please just provide a link to the article and mention that the article gives more information and/or depth to your post.

I am really sorry to see Nico Rosberg quit. However, I respect his reason and priorities and the class with which he won the title.

As mentioned above, Fernando Alonso would be my choice to replace Nico. I would love it for him to have equal equipment to Mr Ego, give him a lesson or two ;)

That didn't happen in 2007 (in the exact same equipment) ...when he was a rookie with zero F1 experience.
What makes you think it'll happen now...nine years on?

Last edited:
“Rosberg’s decision has left us disorientated and unprepared, and all those who contributed to Nico winning the world title took it very badly."
Interesting.
This part is perhaps most surprising:
"all those who contributed to Nico winning the world title took it very badly" !?! :unsure:
So, ALL the guys, his mechanic included, took it badly... on contrary to RD which members are , I would say, fifty-fifty. :cautious:

Nowhere does it say the mechanics took it badly.
Don't read more than what's there into the statement.
"All those who contributed" could very well be sponsors...who felt he had an obligation to promote their brand as the new WDC.
Unless there is a statement from the mechanics, this is just speculation.

Did Lauda ask every person involved in Nico's team or was he just talking out of his ass for hyperbole?
Really, mate... I don't know where are you going with this. :cautious:
I just quote what he said and... you want to say that he's lying or something ?
For God's sake he's connected with these people why wouldn't he knows what they feel like ?
And if you try to point that season is over and that they probably now scatter all over the world... well, maybe they (I know I would) call him and ask what a hell is happening, you know...
Either way, I'm sure he's much more familiar with their standpoint than me or, for an example... you. :)

Last edited:
Nico has only been married a short time right? I think a year or 2? His HUGE decision to step down and focus on the family and marriage is a very good example in todays age were marriages dont last. They take work, and just the fact that Nicos wife dosent have to worry about him getting killed ever time he steps in an F1 racer, will go along way and shows hes a REAL man!!!! Quite a driver and athelete too, I might add!! :)

I wasn't believing when i read the news. Because when i tried to get the right image of him and his mental position in the last races, to me he was somehow like - "Rosberg is too much cold blooded! He is finally in position to win it and like he realized that there is more to life than that. He acknowledges Hamilton's skills and it's not that bothered with what Hamilton is saying. There is no fire. He smiles and he's way too cold. I predict he goes for another season, loses out to Hamilton, moves then to another team for 2018 or simply he retires in 2017."

These were my thoughts after seeing him in the last couple of races.

And when i read the news that he retires, i wasn't surprised, but in same time i was, for seeing that he had the guts to do it, RIGHT NOW! I didn't like it for sure. For me, the image of the winner is - i won it, now how to win it 2nd time - but it seems he is not like that. For him perhaps this was something perhaps he had to prove first to himself, rather than spend whole life of trying to break records other people set. And there is some great with that as well.

I miss already Massa and Button, and damn i will miss Nico as well.

PS. On the Round 1 of the 2006 Championship in Bahrain, where my focus was on the strategic battle of Schumacher VS Alonso, in the background Rosberg with a dummy trick overtook experienced Coulthard approaching T1 with little over 300kmh. He did pass him and i said this at that point of time: "This kid has balls. He can be one day in a fight for a title and perhaps even win it"

Whichever way you put it, I just see this as bowing out knowing the competition will be tougher than ever next year. I still respect his decision. He was making bank during his tenure with mercerdes and could probably make a lot more in the future, yet, he decided to quit. Takes a lot of balls.

If I were in his shoes, I would take my family anywhere I go. Probably a selfish decision, if ones wife has a good career but when you are making double digit millions a year, you can reach some form of compromise.

I can bet that this is a major reason why Hamilton and Nicole broke up. She probably wanted a ring and more time together while still being able to do her work. My man, hamilton said, "no way!"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back