BREAKING: Nico Rosberg Retires from Formula One

Those new guys have no passion

T h o s e n e w g u y s h a v e n o p a s s i o n

Right, no passion, he has spent only 90% of his life racing...

He also has to think he is the father of a family now. You have responsibilities. I appreciate his decision.

Oh screw this, I want to see the spectacle! Emerson Fittipaldi was a grandfather when he retired. Lauda almost died and was a world champion again a few years later. THOSE guys I respect and admire. A lot. I don't have to respect nothing about Nico Rosberg. Guys like him are the reason the F1 is so watered down and almost unwatchable nowadays.

I have to slap myself to wake up if I want to watch a F1 race till the end these days. It's awfully boring. The only real drivers left, both guys still full of passion for the F1 and the speed are Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. When they retire, if nobody fills their shoes, F1 will be definitely dead and full with boring people like Rosberg.

Indeed. Prost came back, took title 4, and left.
Mansell didn't get the money he wanted from Williams. When he actually got it, it was during the press conference of his retirement.

It's hard to say that Prost is in a different situation because he came back since Rosberg has only announced his retirement a few hours ago.

Oh screw this, I want to see the spectacle! Emerson Fittipaldi was a grandfather when he retired. Lauda almost died and was a world champion again a few years later. THOSE guys I respect and admire. A lot. I don't have to respect nothing about Nico Rosberg. Guys like him are the reason the F1 is so watered down and almost unwatchable nowadays.

I have to slap myself to wake up if I want to watch a F1 race till the end these days. It's awfully boring. The only real drivers left, both guys still full of passion for the F1 and the speed are Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. When they retire, if nobody fills their shoes, F1 will be definitely dead and full with boring people like Rosberg.
Well , I don't agree with that. What makes you so interesting then? It's not your lack of empathy for sure. Keep it nice. Nico just became a hero for many fathers today, who put away their passion to care for their families every day. A role model, not sacrificing his family for his work....because after the championship, that's what it would have become. Smart man, you could learn from him.

Not so sure about Wherlein. Ocon, although new to the car seems to match him in Marussia on many ocasions. Like in that last Abu Dhabi race.
And I would also love to see Hulk there but.. just.. he's, although fast (and well mannered guy) and consistant... is just not enough "mad" for Lewis. Arrogant if you wish. Over limit sometimes on track. Maybe Perez would be better match for Ham. I believe all these years without single podium speak enough against Hulk as that kind of driver. Perez manage quite some podiums, with much less races.
I would really love Grosejean there. But with his firm contract ...I doubt.

It is important to see both sides of the coin there.

As an athlete, it was a weak decision from Rosberg, as F1 clearly was a job for him, not something he lived for. If you notice 99% of the top athletes (even outside of F1), they don't stop after a title, they always have a goal and only stop when something out of their control forces them to retire.
As a father, it was a brilliant decision, since he wanted to focus on his family and had the money to do it peacefully for the rest of his life.

It is all about priorities, racing wasn't at the top for Rosberg and he deserves respect for admitting that imo.

Cyre933XgAA-qNR.jpg:large

I think he just put it totally on the line for 2016 and exhausted himself.

He won the championship but it only further proves just HOW talented Lewis is. He literally made Nico quit through the fact that Nico knew he couldn't keep up next year and I respect Nico for that.

Other than that Nico has a child and now it would be silly to stay in F1 just for the pride of defending his title only to be killed or injured in a subsequent crash.

There's something about what you're saying...
Won't say that you're 100% right but... still... :geek:
About #Ham&AlonsoPassion, have to say... what about Vettel ? Max, Perez, Grosejean,... I have to dissagree that only those two "still have a racing passion". I'm sorry.

Well...I cant say that I lost respect for Rosberg, cause he was bloody brilliant at Williams and Mercedes these last ten years, you cant erase this fact. But this stuff was totally unexpected. I feel like he should´ve fought two more years at least, and this feels really weird...
I want to see Nico Hulkenberg at Merc :)

must be possible to get MV if enough cash is flashed.. come on merc get your cheque book out
With two of the fastest, stroppiest teenagers fighting for position every race in the same car, f1 ratings would go through the roof :D

Toto Wolff admitted Alonso can replace Rosberg at Mercedes.
KEEP THE MEMES COMING.
THEY'RE REAL!
Whata yuck ?!? :O_o:
Source, would you mind ?
Or... it's just another (bad, I would have to say) joke... :cautious:

Lewis Hamilton claims Nico Rosberg's decision to retire from Formula 1 after winning the championship did not come as a surprise to him.
Rosberg announced just five days after clinching his first F1 title that he would not be racing in 2017, having decided to focus on his family instead.
Hamilton and Rosberg have been competing against each other since they were kids and raced in go-karting.
The Briton says that, with Rosberg having beaten him for the first time in 18 years, he was not surprised by the decision.
"The sport will miss him but I wish him all the best. I am sure it is a surprise to many people. I am probably the only person who thought it was not a surprise because I've known him a long time, but this is motor racing," Hamilton said.
"This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop.
"He's got a family to focus on, and wants more children, and F1 takes so much time. Will I miss the rivalry? Of course.
"We had always talked about being champions and when I joined this team and Nico was there, which is also something we talked about when we were kids.
"It is definitely something very strange and it'll be sad to not have him in the team next year."
Hamilton admitted, however, that he would have preferred to have the chance to fight back and beat Rosberg next season, although he said he was not too bothered by the decision.
"I wouldn't say I was annoyed. Of course it is a shame that he won't allow me to take it back or fight to take it back, but that is his choice and I respect his decision – go out on top while you can," he said.
"I have a different viewpoint, I won the championship the past two years and gave us an opportunity to have another shot, that is how I am.
"I consistently believe in my ability and do what I can. If I win again, I want another opportunity. I love racing and being challenged by different competitors.
"Again, we have been racing for 18 years so it is not the worst scenario for me."
While the Briton said he still loves racing, he suggested that his retirement may not be too far away either.
"I still love racing. I won the last four races, so it's still a positive year," Hamilton added.
"I owe so much to Mercedes, who got me to Formula 1, and have enabled me to achieve what I have achieved. I'm very proud to have been a part of the brand and the team – and I'm looking forward to continue, but who knows, maybe mine is coming soon."

You just have to love that, always on the end, expression: "but this is motor racing".

Same ol same ol... :alien:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years