BREAKING: GT Legends Rebirth Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Tiny Feet Studios GT Legends.jpg

RaceDepartment have been made aware of an ambitious new project to rekindle the spirit of yesteryear with a return of the fabled GT Legends franchise, bringing a much anticipated sequel to the 2005 hit title some 11 years after its original release.

Simon Lundell is heading up new development team Tiny Feet Studios who aim to bring a second installment of the fabulous game to PC sim racers sometime in the coming years.

Although the project is very much in its infancy at this stage, RaceDepartment have been speaking with the team recently and share the enthusiasm for this project and the prospect of once again recreating the classic age of racing on modern PC simulators around the globe.

Simon is no stranger to GTL as he formed part of the SimBin development team that re-released on Steam classic titles RACE Injection, RaceRoom Racing Experience and its derivatives, GTR, GTR 2 and GT Legends. Leaving SimBin during the Swedish developers bankruptcy struggles in 2013, Simon has been concentrating his efforts on bringing the GT Legends name back into the gaming arena.

GT Legends 2.jpg

Speaking to RaceDepartment Simon had the following to say regarding the future of GT Legends

"Ever since the SimBin bankruptcy I have been working towards the GT Legends rebirth. I finally have all the paperwork in place to let you know of our plans. There are a lot challenges, and a long project, ahead of us but we remain excited and motivated for the challenges ahead and look forward to bringing a game people will love to race "

RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Tiny Feet Studios in the coming weeks and discuss what plans are in store for this new adventure however in the mean time you may have already noticed the freshly restored GTL sub forum (here) has made a return to the main section of our site… please keep an eye out for further news and stories being posted in the coming months as progress develops with this title.

We at RaceDepartment are delighted to see such a wonderful concept coming taking its first steps towards coming back to life with a proposed sequel so long after the original made its debut. We will aim to keep our readers abreast of all the latest news and features as and when they become available.

Excited about the news? Have any burning questions you want to know the answers to when we do our interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

Seeing as it could be some years before we could see something tangible (beta) I will refrain from getting to exited just yet, but I do hope it's typical GTL but with all the modern physics and graphics we have available today.

Cheers

@Paul Jeffrey

3 questions for you to ask them
  1. Which game engine are you looking at to use for the game ?
  2. In GTL while there was classes the cars in them wasn't matching much it was most of the time depending on the track used and even then it was really hard to find 2 or several cars to match so my question is do you plan to work something out so the cars in an X class will match no matter the track used ?
  3. In GTL we only had the touring cars so for the new tittle are you planning on incorparating some old F1 cars or any kind of open wheels cars, any plan to also have old LeMans series cars ?

Well, this came outta nowhere. Very exciting news.

I to would love to know what engine are they planning on using, something from an in-house development, or one that is being bought in from an outside team, ie; isi or similar?

What kind of timescale do they expect to be working to, and will it be released as early access, or only when it's ready with a very select beta program?

Will there be any extra addons (dlc) after release and if so, could they be player voted, just like how Reiza had a vote on content during their final development stage with Stock Car Extreme?

And finally, where do I pay my money?

Fantastic news! One of my favorite racing sims of all time.

@Paul Jeffrey - could you ask these questions?

1. What are their plans with regards to having Porsche in the game? This worries me greatly. It is very distressing that so many games/sims can not have the Porsche license. It feels particularly bad that the EA exclusivity could see Porsche left out of a GT Legends rebirth.

2. Do they plan on a beta/early release to have interested people buy in to help them start out?
I can only imagine the cost of the license agreements.

3. How will MP be handled?

4. Will this be developed for console as well? I know, lots of people get upset about the decision to develop for console but the fact is: it's a money maker. I just want to know one way or the other.

@Paul Jeffrey most of my questions have been asked already, so I'm just gonna be really greedy.

One recurring thought that comes up in forums for the current crop of sims is "They all have their strong points. I just wish there could be a sim with the FFB & physics of X, the graphics of Y and the sounds quallity of Z."
Is it possible to learn from how other sims have evolved, in such a way that mistakes made elsewhere, are not repeated in the new GTL?

I'll get my coat. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years