1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazilian Stock Car real onboard

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Frank Alexandre da Silva, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Video from the last weekend. Amazing work Reiza guys.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. thought he was giving him the finger at 0:21, shift stick is quite high :D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting. I thought these cars were paddle shift. Looks like he is heel and toeing as well.
  4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

The wheel F1 style and then the stick shift it's quite uncommon combination I must say.
  5. Maybe its in the regulations to have a stick shift, I am not familiar with the technical rules so i don't know :D
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I couldnt find footage of the race. Thanks for sharing frank :thumbsup:
  7. Here's from Allam Khodair who started behind the car on the video above
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  8. looks more like throttle blipping on downshifts to stabilize the rear under heavy braking
  9. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Nice footage and pretty amazing the fidelity in game with the RL vidfeo.
    I would feel confident going on tack and knowing how to approach each turn (slower, of course)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You need to clutch (and heel/toe) when downshifting. Upshifting doesn't need clutch. Try to race like this (need full set of pedals) and you'll see it is way more challenging (and fun) than racing using paddles. If only we could enforce this on MP... :)
  11. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Yes, it would be a lot more fun. I have turned off autoblip and autoclutch on mine, but clutcheless shifts are still way too easy.

I think I saw a plugin that is supposed to make the shifting more realistic for rFactor. But it would still be hard to convince everyone to race that way.

Maybe if we find enough like minded people we could do it on the honor system.
  12. I also am very interested
    • Like Like x 3
  13. PieterN

Premium Member

Thanks for sharing Frank !
  14. Thanks a bunch Frank.:)
  15. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Not really an onboard but still very cool ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks for posting the vids above. Very interesting comparing them to the game. Does anyone have any more?

Also, I have a question about the IRL stock cars: what type of start do they do? Rolling or grid?
  17. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

enjoyed that, thanks.