Resource icon

Tracks Brands Hatch 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is nowhere near as long a track as Nords but I do know that it helps to break the track up into sections to lighten the load on the CPU. Because this track has so many tree I can see that being a possible solution. I know that snoopy did this to the Nords and it made huge difference. I get half the FPS on this as I do on Nords and it is a far more demanding track.

If you check the Nords surface.ini you'll see it's divided into 8 or 9 sections (can't remember exactly)

This is nowhere near as long a track as Nords but I do know that it helps to break the track up into sections to lighten the load on the CPU. Because this track has so many tree I can see that being a possible solution. I know that snoopy did this to the Nords and it made huge difference. I get half the FPS on this as I do on Nords and it is a far more demanding track.

If you check the Nords surface.ini you'll see it's divided into 8 or 9 sections (can't remember exactly)

That seems to be a logical explanation and perhaps solution !

A smooth race on BH is top of the list for me !

Really awesome circuit(s)

For the grip levels AC having the diferent preset levels i think 1.0 as optimum is right.
Back at PC now, check surfaces.ini for monza, monza66, neither of them has friction set to 1 for any of the surfaces, and this is true for the track surface of all kunos tracks to my knowledge, monza has 0.99 and monza66 has an even lower number to account for the older track surface. silverstone uses 0.98 and 0.99 in different areas of the track

brands hatch has no surface form the 60's.

as for the sections has nothing to do with the surface. it is just how you name the objects
i didnt say brands hatch did have a surface from the 60's.

monza modern day:
[SURFACE_7]
KEY=MONZA-ASPH
FRICTION=0.99

imola:
[SURFACE_5]
KEY=TARMAC-IMA
FRICTION=0.98

mugello:
[SURFACE_5]
KEY=TARMAC-MUG-A
FRICTION=0.99

silverstone: 0.98/0.99

I havent seen a single entry of friction=1 in a kunos track, not sure where you saw that. 0.99 will be fine for brands hatch

how much change ther is from 0.99 to 1.0? i think it'is very little 1%? :D

maybe we are going crazy here?

Anyway if you can find a resource, video, magazine or something frome xperts that can show that brands hatch is a track with a surface grip comparing it to toher tracks in AC, then provide it and ill be happy to change grip. otherwise it's just opinions.

mine is based on driving feel

Last edited:
if i create a new update, i will try something that maybe could help fps but i can't tell when i would do that.
i guess if i find a way to improve grass and some things and it's worth and update, then i might do it

Anyway if you can find a resource, video, magazine or something frome xperts that can show that brands hatch is a track with a surface grip comparing it to toher tracks in AC, then provide it and ill be happy to change grip. otherwise it's just opinions.

why would you assume brands hatch to be more grippy than every single other track in the game, for me the difference between 1 and 0.99 is very noticeable when you are pushing cars on the limit of grip, you can just push the cars that much extra on the tracks with 1, which seems counter-inutitive because when you go back to an official track, you try and push harder than you actually can get away with. check out some other mods, nearly all of them are using sensible levels except many of aspecs rushed conversions where he just copy and pastes as much as possible, but even now he is using 0.99 as a default

if i create a new update, i will try something that maybe could help fps but i can't tell when i would do that.
i guess if i find a way to improve grass and some things and it's worth and update, then i might do it
maybe worth contacting snoopy: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/nordschleife-by-snoopy-v1-1.9846/ in a recent update to this mod he was able to take advantage of the world detail slider, so that users with lower end PCs would get the same performance as kunos tracks through LOD related stuff and maybe removing certain objects on the lower world detail settings (i dont know the specifics but you get the idea). hes done a great job in optimising the track so im sure he has plenty of tips he could share

because no one likes friction 1

FYI

1 - 0,99 = 0.01

Last edited:
Here is trackmap files. You can use them in your next update. Regards.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] map.ini]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
[PARAMETERS]
WIDTH=1024.000000
HEIGHT=1024.000000
MARGIN=20
SCALE_FACTOR=0.924776
MAX_SIZE=1600
X_OFFSET=-121.904954
Z_OFFSET=1032.386169
DRAWING_SIZE=10

PS:
please leave friction as it is on 0.99. If someone like to "drive on ice" they can easy change it in their local config or use Kudos new "dynamic road" future.

Thanks

Attachments

• tmap.png
    tmap.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 361
  • map.png
    map.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes