F1 2010 braking help

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
i try my best to avoid rear ending other cars when braking and turning into a corner, but even after jamming my brake pedal completely down, the car takes a long braking line before it slows down , but its too late. Having said that , what setting do i adjust to help adjust the braking distance atleast a little -- break bias/ARB's /spring stiffness ?

PS. I am not using manual gears. Dont gimme that option.

i try my best to avoid rear ending other cars when braking and turning into a corner, but even after jamming my brake pedal completely down, the car takes a long braking line before it slows down , but its too late. Having said that , what setting do i adjust to help adjust the braking distance atleast a little -- break bias/ARB's /spring stiffness ?

If you jam the pedal completely down, chances are you're locking up the wheels. Try pressing the brake pedal gradually.

For braking distance, I believe the only relevant parameter is the brake pressure. Didn't play this game much, but in other racing games I generally use 90-96 %

There is no real help to speak of...you'll need to adjust your driving style to compensate for the longer stopping distances. Hopefully, this'll get addressed in the patch. I did quite a bit of straight line testing prior to running one single lap with this game, al the while experimenting with various brake settings. The brakes are just inefficient.

At high speed you're meant to jam the brake completely down, thats how they do it in real life and thats how you do it in game. The idea is to go full on the brakes and then lift off smoothly, if anybody has seen massa's telemetry on FVA you can see it perfect there, he smashes it on to 100% and then with perfect smoothness lifts off.

The problem with F1 2010 is that the brakes are generally quite weak, theres no braking grip so you have to brake early, then when you put an opponent car infront of you, the game reduces your downforce (and thus increasing braking distance) due to being in turbulant air... The effect is a bit over the top in the game but you just gotta learn to drive around it.

• Alex Guehennec

it depends of fuel, suspension, camber and brake settings too
try to decrease a little camber and put more front brake setting .With hard suspension you can improve a little the braking response but loose a little grip while braking (same for accelerate)
try in the brake setup 54%/46% - high - small and before the corner you can jump full on the brake pedal and maybe your tires will spin so remember this moment , and next lap in the same corner you can begin to decrease gradually the braking pedal at this precise moment
lap after lap with a ghost on time trial mod you'll find the optimal way to brake

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back