1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Settings in R3E

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by SnappyDEe, Dec 12, 2014.

1. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

I have Fanatec CSP V2 pedals. Can anyone recommend brake settings in game that could help me out? It seems like everyone else on track out brakes me into corners. I am currently running the sensitivity at 65%. I realize it could be a number of issues but any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. you may know better th an i, but as far as i know load cell pedals like v2s should have 100% sensitivity. the 50% thing is for...w.e the cheap pedals schmucks like me use.
  3. Well...I turned the sensitivity down to 50% ( I have a DFGT) and didn`t notice any difference, so out of curiosity turned it down to 0%. And didn`t really notice any difference.
  4. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

@yusupov - I'm going to go ahead and try 100%. See what happens. I shall post up my results tomorrow. Thanks guys.
  5. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Got the same problems. Somehow i cant modulate the brakes. Either i brake too soft and miss the corner or i lock the brakes. Seems like i cant brake on the very limit that wheel just wont lock.
    At Monza with the ADAC Mercedes i have to brake before 200mtr sign on the straight after start finish otherwise i miss the chicane. Using stock T500 pedals. I have set the sensitivity to zero with a and still the brakes lock when i slightly tough the brakes.
  6. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

Well, I tried 85% sensitivity with good results. I'm able to brake a bit later and there is no instant lock up. I think I'm going to go ahead and set them to 100%. Thanks for all the responses guys.
  7. What are you running the loadcell at? I found it a lot easier to adjust my braking in all sims after I started lowering the sensitivity on the loadcell, so that I need to use more force to brake.
    I've tuned the knob on the pedals so that it is nigh on impossible for me to reach 100% brake pressure ingame, makes it hard to lock up but easy to adjust my braking.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

Ahh, this is an excellent idea. I always set the dial to 100%. I'll back it off a bit to give your method a try. I definitely lowered my braking distances by going from 65% to 85% but I will continue to tinker. Thanks for the advice.:)
  9. adacgtmasters braking, on one side good, but my poor dfgt-pedals make breaking bit harder now, i sometimes miss the point to release the break and car starts to spin, so most time i break a bit earlier, not too hard. i miss the feedback, not sure wether on ffb or on pedals or even soundwise.

do other pedals of g27 or fanatec have some kind of vibration on the brake-pedal?
  10. The Fanatec Clubstport pedals has a vibration motor which by default only vibrates when you reach a preset amount of brake pressure (you can adjust this on Fanatec wheels, dunno how you would do without a Fanatec wheel).
    But using the Fanaleds application you can have it vibrate when you actually loose traction, at least on most games.
    • Beer Beer x 2
  11. Please consider that as far as I know the sensitivity setting does not really change the sensitivity but the progression of the break signal from your controller.

For a "normal" (with normal I mean no load cell) break pedal this means that no matter what you set there, if you push the pedal 100% to the end you will have 100% break pressure but the progression to 100% changes. As far as I know setting the sensitivity to 50% means having a fully linear progression - you push the break pedal 20% down, you will have 20% breake pressure, 40% break pedal position means 40% break presssure and so on till 100%.

Changing this setting higher than 50% means that you will have a progression that rises more at the beginning, but less in the end. Lower than 50% means the opposite - less progression at the beginning, more at the end.

At least this is my knowledge - if anybody knows better feel free to correct me. ;)

I don't know how load cell pedal drivers convert the load cell signals to input signals, but it has to be somewhat different since a load cell has no fixed limit. I don't own a load cell break myself, but taking the above into consideration and thinking that a load cell break should somehow simulate a real break pedal in itself, I think that for load cell breaks a setting of 50% sensitivity should be fine.

For my T500 RS with the so called "realistic break mod" a setting of 0% sensitivity has proven to be fine for me. It comes quite close to the behaviour of a real break.

Considering the characeristic of a real break a low sensitivity setting seems the most realistic for non load cell breaks - but in the end it also depends on what everybody likes and/or is used to.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers... :cool:
  12. Is there a pedal UI app anywhere?
    Normally I figure out braking pressure by watching the app and seeing how lockup occurs, but no pedal UI is a challenge in R3E. My braking distances are awful as a result.