1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PS4 Brake pedal setting t300 GTE

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Jason Warburton, Jun 2, 2015.

1. hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any useful tips for my brake setup using the t300 on ps4.

I always seem to lock up no matter what I do as I'm very heavy footed

Thanks in advance

2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

Try turning your brake pressure down (found in the car tuning screen).

And say hello to your brother Patrick for me, I'm a big fan. DEVILS!!!! :devilish::devilish::devilish:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I tried lowering that a little, it sort of made me second guess my breaking points and I often over shot the bends

Maybe it's a comfort thing, I'll try introducing a deadzone or something and practice.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

You could try dialing your brake bias a little rearward too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I'll give it a go too.
    Would a brake pedal mod help do you think?

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Absolutely. The standard brake pedal on the T300 pedals isn't very good and hard to be precise with. Using a good mod you can easily modulate between, say, 60% brake and 63% brake, so you can apply just a touch more without locking up. With the standard T300 pedals you don't know if you're applying 3% more brake, or 15% more brake, and generally you end up applying more than what you need and thus lock up. I've not seen many mods for those pedals yet, but I'm sure there are some easy/cheap options out there. I know on the DFGT it was popular to use one of those squishy stress-reliever balls to cram behind the pedal and get a more progressive feeling, something similar should work on the T300 pedals.

Here's one option. http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/diy-thrustmaster-tx-and-t300-rs-brake-pedal-mod/

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thanks, I'll look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I applied a felt pad mod to my pedal and it works a treat.

Also used one to take out the 2mm dead zone on the accelerator.

Now the lock ups will just be my bad driving or setups

Thanks

• Like Like x 1