Brake Disc Glow

brake discs glow when they reach a certain temperature. The range for that is set by values entered in the hdv file for a car. If your Oreca is showing the glow, then all the up to date cars should also. I guess as a test, take the a car that is not displaying the glow to an updated S397 track like Nola or Portland and block off the brake radiators. Drive around a bit dragging the brakes and using them heavily. Set the brake bias far forward as well.(well at least as far forward as it is still driveable.) If the car is a 3rd party mod, they just may not have addressed brake temperature values. Repeat the test, with several other cars, including up to date S397 cars like the Tatuus or Mclaren open wheelers.

Thanks for the feedback Davehenrie. I made a few tests. It works with some cars, other not. For example, it works with the Ferrari 488 but not with the 488 GTE that became available in May/June this year. It works with the Porsche 991 but not with the DPI, Mazda, Acura and Cadillac. I tested at Portland and Road Atlanta.

Thanks for the feedback Davehenrie. I made a few tests. It works with some cars, other not. For example, it works with the Ferrari 488 but not with the 488 GTE that became available in May/June this year. It works with the Porsche 991 but not with the DPI, Mazda, Acura and Cadillac. I tested at Portland and Road Atlanta.
Road Atlanta has not yet gotten the full IBL shader treatment, I read it's coming soon. So the brakes not showing there could be a conflict between graphic materials. 'COULD BE'. Same with the DPI cars, 3rd party effort, they may or may not have defined a brake glow range.
However the difference between the two ferrari's is a little concerning. The problem with the GTE car is that there are at least two mods that came out just weeks before the official car that included a modded GTE car. I would guess that the modded cars may not have the brake glow. It is something to look at though, wouldn't be the first time something slipped past the S397 quality control

I don't think unsubscribing will 'fix' anything. The brake glow should begin around 700°c. and it is clearly missing from the GTE. I tried two versions of the car v115 and the latest update v173. (v115 I think were the 24hr Virtual cars. They used to have a Safesis window banner but now all of mine only display the Ferrari banner) The car should have brake glow and I'm willing to bet it's an oversight from S397.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 54 88.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 32.8%