1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake comes on on its own - Is that normal?

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Billy Pilgrim, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Hi
    In Formula truck my brake comes on on its own, that is I take my foot off the accelerator and the brake comes on without my foot pressing on the pedal. Is that normal? I have a DFGT wheel.

I have no assists on.
  2. Nox

Staff Premium Member

No, that isn't normal. Accidentally got braking assist on? Or check your controller settings/deadzone stuff.
  3. Thanks . No, no assists on. I'll look at deadzones - any ideas what to look for?
  4. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Just see if your brake pedal has the red bar showing on the controllers screen, to see if it is active even when not pushing. If it is, try a little deadzone to remove it. Is this the only game you have the issue?

Also, lifting off the throttle in the trucks there is a lot of retardation even without the brakes, so double check they are actually coming on and it isn't just the weight of the heavy trucks shifting.
  5. I've checked in the controllers screen: it is, indeed, coming on even when not pushing it. This is the only game where this happens (including GSCE, that is, it doesn't happen in GSCE).
    What deadzone thing should I look at? There are loads of deadzone options and I don't have a clue what's for what.
  6. I just fixed it! All's well.
    I reassigned the brake as being the brake in the control/button assignment thing. I don't think i actually changed anything, just reassigned it to what it had been already.
    Thanks for your help, Nox :)
    • Like Like x 1