Brake balance controller

I have been thinking about a brake balance controller, an came up with this.
brake_balance_controller_by_adepenguin-d5daeuh.jpg

Sorry for not putting the cable in, but I have put a diagram below of where it runs.
brake_balance_controller_top_by_adepenguin-d5daeym.jpg

I know it would be just a gimmick, but thought I would throw it out there for ideas and input.

You are nuts! I love it! xD
I know!, if I had a workshop I would be dangerous.
You wouldnt get me out of it, I would be building allsorts or weird and wonderfull things. :D

Love that you're building yhis, just dont get how it works :p
Its just a spring loaded lever that would turn the brake balance dial, by lifting or twisting the handle.
I was thinking of a way to adjust the brake balance quicker by 10 or 5, rather then just one at a time.

Upvote 0
Its not "set in stone" yet, I am still thinking of a way to make it smaller and easier to mount to something.
My plan is to build the rig frame in december and then go down to my local laser cutters and have the bits cut for my "seat adjuster", so I will probably have a final design then as I might as well get it cut at the same time.

As crazy as this idea maybe, I am thinking of a way to have a switch on it, so I can change between brake balance and downforce too.

I know that I can use the buttons on a wheel or my keyboard for this, but I think having a lever to quickly lift or lower sounds appealing to me. As I hate having to press one buttons five or six times to adjust something.

But like I said its "not set in stone" so I am open for comments and opinions.
:thumbsup:
Maybe someone can come up with a better design, I am more then happy to work with anyone who wants to add or change this.
;)

Upvote 0
yeah I know what one looks like mate.

I dont think I want to go that far, as after all it is just a "gimmick" input controller that turns a dial.
I want to make something thats cheep and easy so anyone can build one too (if they want to)

Upvote 0
It is really cool to have it in there though, gimmick or not :p

If you want cheap and easy, a mounting platform, a lever and a potentiometer are all you need I guess, but your current design looks way cooler obviously :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 168 7.9%
  • < 5 years