Boxer frame rate drop

For some reason Im experiencing massive frame rate drop when driving the boxer, it occurs when I get close to another boxer, so I'm guessing it's something in the graphics of the car? It doesn't occur with any other car that I've noticed.

Has anyone else experienced this, is there a setting or something I can change to resolve the issue? Unfortunately Google didn't find any fixes :(

alexSchmurtz

SpeedyMite Racing
It seems heavier than previous cars. As time goes by, Reiza is probably making more detailed models? The car is also very round, you need more polygons! The problem is that AMS is 32 bits so it can only handle 4 Go, even if you have more ram! So we are now touching a limit.
You're not the only one, it has been reported on Reiza forums. I also participated in 2 online races with the club here, and many of us had to lower their graphics setting. I guess it was the same last saturday in the Aussie race… We were discussing that last night: before we could use all graphics on full, even online. Not anymore… We've seen several people with runtime error: that means not enough memory. That was also with pretty large grids: the car is new, nice to race so many people are showing up! :)
The only cure I see is to lower some settings: shadows, opponent details, etc. :unsure:

It seems heavier than previous cars. As time goes by, Reiza is probably making more detailed models? The car is also very round, you need more polygons! The problem is that AMS is 32 bits so it can only handle 4 Go, even if you have more ram! So we are now touching a limit.
You're not the only one, it has been reported on Reiza forums. I also participated in 2 online races with the club here, and many of us had to lower their graphics setting. I guess it was the same last saturday in the Aussie race… We were discussing that last night: before we could use all graphics on full, even online. Not anymore… We've seen several people with runtime error: that means not enough memory. That was also with pretty large grids: the car is new, nice to race so many people are showing up! :)
The only cure I see is to lower some settings: shadows, opponent details, etc. :unsure:

Cheers Alex I'll get to lowering, it's a shame really because to me the car actually already doesn't look as good as the mini etc. Very cartoony, but definitely awesome to drive that's for sure.

Sally_Cars.jpg

Tony

APIA RACING
For some reason Im experiencing massive frame rate drop when driving the boxer, it occurs when I get close to another boxer, :(

I have seen you race and the chances of you getting close to another boxer is fairly low so you don't have to worry too much:) :roflmao:

edit: But I did slightly drop my graphics last sat and also set visible cars to 15 instead of 30

I'm experiencing the same issue, I thought it was just down to VIR being so large or the number of other vehicles/quantity visible selected, but I tried a few other circuits offline and I'm getting the same problem. As you say, the frame rate is dropping out heavily when I'm close to the bumper or alongside of another car - and it doesn't matter whether it's one car or five, I'm dropping a good 100-150 fps until I back off a little and everything is smooth as silk again.

I'm experiencing the same issue, I thought it was just down to VIR being so large or the number of other vehicles/quantity visible selected, but I tried a few other circuits offline and I'm getting the same problem. As you say, the frame rate is dropping out heavily when I'm close to the bumper or alongside of another car - and it doesn't matter whether it's one car or five, I'm dropping a good 100-150 fps until I back off a little and everything is smooth as silk again.

Yeah, it's bloody annoying. I turned a few settings down for today's race, didn't have a chance to test beforehand and still issues unfortunately. Frustrating that's its only the boxer, especially when it's becoming possibly my favorite car to drive.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000