Box or Download?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Is there anything known already how Assetto Corsa will come to us? What do you prefer: a simple DVD in a box or a digital download like NKP?

Digital for me is the way to go and the only way imo.

A digital version of a game you can keep with you mentally.
Can´t do that with a physical copy.

By mentally i mean remembering your login details.

Discs for me would be like sending a text message. Only this time carving it on a big rock then pushing it down the mountain hoping it will stop at the intended person.

Just unnecessary except for the "i want to hold it"

Bit like getting a home phone today where everyone and i mean literally everyone owning a cellphone.

VHS is my preference. Or even audio cassette.

Hell I would definitely buy it on vinyl just for the better quality audio.
How retro would that be!!

vinyl_ac.jpg

Both at once would be great. Buy and register the game directly from the Publisher online, then be able to digitally download it and get a box sent your way. Not everybody has a super fast online connection these days.:)

Download, DVDs doesn't make for good coasters even, waste of space and plastics. Besides physical media versions has the tendency to require you to have the disc avail just to play even though you gave the entire game installed on HDD. Yay for copy protection bullshit that makes being legal a hassle and does nothing to stop the pirates!

Digital for me please...
My parents Had a monthly download limit of 30 gig, i went to visit for a few months and in 2 weeks id blown the limit...So they upgraded for a while:)
and then spent the next 6 months trying to return to the previous limit.. even though Karoo had promised it would only take a phone call to revert back...
Cant wait to go visit again:)
i didn't realise that while playing online it was using your limit. the noob that i am thought that was only for downloading music etc i didn't see the connection..:redface:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%