1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Box or Download?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Is there anything known already how Assetto Corsa will come to us? What do you prefer: a simple DVD in a box or a digital download like NKP?
  2. I like digital download, but both would be good.
  3. Digital download all the way. Richard Burns Rally is the newest game I have in a box, now that GT Legends is a download as well.

And if it somehow ended up on Steam as well, my life would be complete :D
  4. If DVD will take longer time for AC to be released then i choose download :D(and in the future dvd option why not :D)
  5. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller
    Premium Member

dvd every time. its a shame that all good games seem to just be download. I like to have something to hold.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. VHS is my preference. Or even audio cassette.

Hell I would definitely buy it on vinyl just for the better quality audio.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Digital for me is the way to go and the only way imo.

A digital version of a game you can keep with you mentally.
    Can´t do that with a physical copy.

By mentally i mean remembering your login details.

Discs for me would be like sending a text message. Only this time carving it on a big rock then pushing it down the mountain hoping it will stop at the intended person.

Just unnecessary except for the "i want to hold it"

Bit like getting a home phone today where everyone and i mean literally everyone owning a cellphone.
  8. Bram

How retro would that be!!

• Like Like x 10
  9. Mapu

Premium Member

Both at once would be great. Buy and register the game directly from the Publisher online, then be able to digitally download it and get a box sent your way. Not everybody has a super fast online connection these days.:)
  10. But surely it's still faster than the post office? :D
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Bram

You called Sir?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Whatever it is, dvd or vinyl I hope to see kunos himself will deliver it to my door.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mapu

Premium Member

Ok here comes the next argument.:rolleyes: Monthly limitation of data transfer. :p
  14. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

Download, DVDs doesn't make for good coasters even, waste of space and plastics. Besides physical media versions has the tendency to require you to have the disc avail just to play even though you gave the entire game installed on HDD. Yay for copy protection bullshit that makes being legal a hassle and does nothing to stop the pirates!
  15. Though I would always choose DVD if available I've learnt to accept the inevitable move towards Digital Downloads. It would be fine if we could all have nice fast broadband, but for me a full DVD9 game would take all day to download:rolleyes:.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. LP?
  17. The month you download the game, you'll have to play less online until your new monthly download limit kicks in.
    Out of curiosity, what is your monthly limit?
  18. Mapu

Premium Member

No limits here. But it's not a superfast connection (350kb/s);)
  19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Digital for me please...
    My parents Had a monthly download limit of 30 gig, i went to visit for a few months and in 2 weeks id blown the limit...So they upgraded for a while:)
    and then spent the next 6 months trying to return to the previous limit.. even though Karoo had promised it would only take a phone call to revert back...
    Cant wait to go visit again:)
    i didn't realise that while playing online it was using your limit. the noob that i am thought that was only for downloading music etc i didn't see the connection..:redface:
  20. Prefer download but not fussed either way so long as I can buy AC without hassle.

My monthly limit is 120GB