Bought my self some presents

Well as a student and working only part time I dont buy much. But after saving up money and it sitting there with no use I decided to spend abit of it.

As I have a daughter and shes in bed early I use headphones but have a little cheapy pair bought from PC world and im also always on TS so needed a set with a mic so went wild and bought meself a set of Logitech G35's.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-070-LG

And My monitor is quite old now. its a 19" widescreen but I want more and also want to have 2 monitors for Motec. so I decided to buy a 24" Samsung :cool:.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-124-SA&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat

What you guys think? I cant wait!!!!

You gonna be a few tenths faster now with the 24 inch screen. Also you will hear Keith passing you on which side if the track with those headsets. Congrats m8.

Nice headset, not sure about surround sound headsets though,Use them for music production to so im choosy, brought a pair of Sennheiser HD280proa few weeks back, easily the best pair of headphones ive used.

can never have too many monitors, use 4 in race at present, left middle and right widescreens for the game itself and a small dell for telem on a shelf above :D. misses thinks im mad.

Nice headset, not sure about surround sound headsets though,Use them for music production to so im choosy, brought a pair of Sennheiser HD280proa few weeks back, easily the best pair of headphones ive used.

can never have too many monitors, use 4 in race at present, left middle and right widescreens for the game itself and a small dell for telem on a shelf above :D. misses thinks im mad.

Im not a fan of triple monitors, I ont know the lines inbetween would annoy me. I did look up this but thought a bigger monitor would more than satisfy my needs. a 24" looks huge as a monitor also.

yeah the bezels put me off going down this route for quite a while but TBH you dont even see them, tend to look at the middle monitor and just catch the other 2 in your peripharal vision. find it hard going back to one screen now.

Didnt buy them with the intention of gaming but for music pro. can span a song across 3 screens , even just working within windows feels constrained with one screen.

How are the 7.1 headphones, would you recomend them.

Got a set of fatalitys for gaming, if i grab the fatality sound card(which would be helpfull re music pro) i could try surround sound gaming on headphones

yeah the bezels put me off going down this route for quite a while but TBH you dont even see them, tend to look at the middle monitor and just catch the other 2 in your peripharal vision. find it hard going back to one screen now.

Didnt buy them with the intention of gaming but for music pro. can span a song across 3 screens , even just working within windows feels constrained with one screen.

How are the 7.1 headphones, would you recomend them.

Got a set of fatalitys for gaming, if i grab the fatality sound card(which would be helpfull re music pro) i could try surround sound gaming on headphones

I get them monday so Ill let you know :good:

Let me know what you think of the monitor Adam, I was looking at that same monitor at Overclockers a few days ago. I think its really time I upgraded from my standard 19" CRT monitor :)

As for the Logitech headset, I really like mine. It can make your ears a little clammy when the weather is hot but the sound is much better than my current 7.1 speaker system as I can crank up the volume and hear every last sound from the game I'm playing. I've not really used the G-Keys much but the volume roller is easy to find when needed. I posted some more of my thoughts on the headset a few months ago here: http://www.racedepartment.com/technology/30866-logitech-g35-7-1-surround-headset.html

your gunna love the 24" monitor :cool:

i upgraded from a 19" a few months ago but i choose the iiyama after Lee who has both said the iiyama has slightly better colours and would be his next chouice when buying a new one plus its was about a tenner cheaper :wink:

I did triplehead for a while, after the first day the racing takes over and you dont see the bezels. Its only like having A-pillars in the car, they're always there but you don't really see them.

I have the same monitor you bought in 22" its nice. Good for the money I thought.

Let me know what you think of the monitor Adam, I was looking at that same monitor at Overclockers a few days ago. I think its really time I upgraded from my standard 19" CRT monitor :)

As for the Logitech headset, I really like mine. It can make your ears a little clammy when the weather is hot but the sound is much better than my current 7.1 speaker system as I can crank up the volume and hear every last sound from the game I'm playing. I've not really used the G-Keys much but the volume roller is easy to find when needed. I posted some more of my thoughts on the headset a few months ago here: http://www.racedepartment.com/technology/30866-logitech-g35-7-1-surround-headset.html

I didnt buy it off overclockers, got the headset from there but bought the monitor from amazon for £165 :good: Cant argue with that price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002DPYQSW/ref=oss_product

Missed the delivery for my monitor this morning :(. Got the headset which is lovely and well worth the pennys. Awesome sound.

Really gutted i mised me monior but the chap on the phone said itl be here tomorrow. (sets alarm)

Well Iv got the monitor and first off, ITS MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I really didnt expect it to be that big, Race ON and Rfactor look so sweet in 1080p and the colours brightness etc are absolutely spot on. No dead pixels and comes wth a DVI and VGA cable and Iv always had it on old VGA so wacked the DVI in and its spot on. Best investment iv made in a while.

And can also wack me PS3 on it for some bad comapny 2 and modernwarefare 2. But I have to use speakers out of the monitors audio out as the monitor has no speakers but who cares :D

Yeh I have the same issue with the ps3, I run the optical from the ps3 to my sound card. You can get HDMI->DVI/L/R adaptors but last time I looked they seemed way over priced for what they actually do.

Well the monitor has audio out and optical out if sound is coming in on the HDMI. I wana try and get the line in to work into my sounds\card and listen to that live but it wont let me. no sound is coming through even though it sets to go through hdmi. Also not gona buy a optical cable just to test because they are many pennies :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back