1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Boss Mustang Series discussions

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Carlos Diaz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz
    Happily driving a "girly" car

lookin good Eck.

We just had four events with that mod. You mean like a mini league or a cup where we have like maybe 6 races for points?

2. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

Yes indeed.. "Boss".. lol. A mini Trans-Am series, with the best period venues.

Bridgehampton, would obviously feature very highly, on my list. An ace track, thanks Brad, whatever you're doing atm.

3. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

I'll see what I can cook up :good:

Just the Stang or maybe throw in other cars from the era?

4. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

Don't complicate things, with questions I've not considered... lol. I must admit, I've not raced the 'Stang (much at all) against anything else. Why would anyone try, against the ai, anyhoo. Test events could bore some, before an event was run, too. Perhaps simpler, to keep it a single car, atm.

5. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

Single make is easier for me as well, dont need to spend ours looking for closely matched cars.

Now I have to educate myself a bit on the trans am tracks used back then and see if they are available for GTL.

6. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

Single make is easier for me as well, dont need to spend ours looking for closely matched cars.

Now I have to educate myself a bit on the trans am tracks used back then and see if they are available for GTL.

7. Have a look over here: www.trans-amseries.com
    On the renewed trans-am series they ran/run on

• Laguna Seca
    • Infineon
    • Road America
    • Lime Rock Park
    • Watkins Glen
    • ... see the schedule at the site.
    I would love to see, no RACE this :)
    LS_GA.jpg

8. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

http://theracingline.net/racingcircuits/racingcircuits/

Goto "Racing Calenders", top left. Scroll to "GT Cars/Trans-Am". The list that is shown, screen centre, is winners from '66 to '05. Click a year, in the list far right. This will give you that years, full calender.
    Unfortunately, the site won't let me post a direct link. I just hope, I've explained sensibly... lol

9. Nooo! You just mentioned the secret site for the 'Guess the track' competition :D

Well anyway, you explained it quite clear so I found the tracks for each year. Perhaps set up a little poll (multiple-choice) with tracks available for GTL (quite a few) so interested can check their favorite tracks for a small competition. Only issue is the upcoming league which will occupy all my little remaining time as the level of competition is growing each season. Still I would love to race on these classic USA tracks.

@ Admin: perhaps create a new thread in the GTL section for this as we are getting pretty off topic from the screenshots?

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Done, and done. :good:

11. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

I think it might be a good idea to wait til after the league is done? Or we can run it in the off weeks? The league is ran every other week on thursday, we can run it on the opposing weeks on tuesdays. Since it's ran in the club, it will be a more relaxed environment, so there won't be a need to practice for hours for a race, unless of course, you REALLY want to win all the time lol.

12. Great idea Eck, love the Boss & think it will make a great series car. So you can put my hat in the ring for this Carlos.

13. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Just caught this thread; amazing as i was thinking something similar today! Quite enjoyed the BOSS but didn't get enough chance to drive it due to being extremely busy the past couple of months. Tracks wise, i'd love Bridgehampton, Watkins & Lime Rock Park. Also, i wouldn't mind including an oval race, (i know Daytona's oval is available for GTL) in true American Nascar styleeee.

14. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

Eck, that website you posted the link to is awesome!!! Thanx a whole bunch man.

15. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

No problem sir, anytime.

16. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Oh, and i'm putting in a request for Mosport & Road Atlanta too!

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

St Jovite, Riverside, etc. :good:

18. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

Keep them coming boys, I already have those lined up, you need to throw something else my way hehe.

19. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

Road Atlanta...until just recently, the only version available was illegal. But now there is a 1970 version released by TICTOC that is usable. I'm very freakin happy about that :good:

20. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

I ran round the '70 Road Atlanta today, with the Boss, a very enjoyable experience indeed. This idea really was a revelation, I can't believe it originated with me. I must've been possessed that day... lol