Boss 302 Series Info & Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
27bossschedule.jpg

Introduction

Hello GTLers and welcome to the first ever RD Boss 302 Series held here in the Historic Racing Section of RD.

First, a little history as to how this came about. Back in September of last year we ran a few events with this car and we all just basically fell in love with the mod. A few days after the events were over Eck Simpson skins one of these beauties and in that thread he also writes..."A Boss 'Stang I'm hacking away at. Please tell me there's a possibilty, of a series with this mod."

Some say an idea is like an infection. And so we were all very quickly infected with this great idea and the Boss 302 series was born.

On to the details...

Game Required: GT Legends
Number of Drivers: 36 max.

Mod: Big Ron's Boss 302 (Alternate Link)

This one almost doesn't need an introduction. Big Ron & Team21's mod is based on the 1969 Boss 302. The Boss 302 was a Ford Mustang model designed with Trans-Am competition in mind. The car was powered by a five-liter V8 engine, less than 10,000 examples were built. The car came close to win the Trans-Am Championship in 1969 and finally clinched the title one year later.

Schedule: We open it up at a track most of us are very familiar with. This way we can concentrate more on getting acquainted with the car (assuming you didn't take part in prior events with us and have never driven it before) than learning the track. And we finish it with the very bumpy Bridgehampton which was requested by the gentleman which infected us with the idea in the first place...Eck. In between are some tracks that we are very familiar with in the club and two that I believe have never been run (Daytona and Mid America).

March 01st - Watkins Glen (GP Layout)
March 08th - Mid America Motorplex
March 15th - Daytona Road Course (alternate link)
March 22nd - Elkhart lake 2008 (alternate link)
March 29th - Riverside (Canam Layout)
April 05th - Mid Ohio Sports Car Course (no chicane)
April 12th - Portland Raceway 1970
April 19th - Bridgehampton

Race Format: Since this series is more of a special club event and less of an all out league, I decided to keep the race format similar to what we are already used to in the club.

30 min Practice
10 min Superpole Qualy (you get one timed lap for qualification)
25 min Race1
10 min Superpole Qualy (you get one timed lap for qualification)
25 min Race2
TOTAL TIME=100 min

The start time for the events will be posted in the calendar and in the event thread.
The first four events will start at 20:00 GMT.
DST kicks in on March 27th and then the last four events will start at 19:00 GMT.
Please take note that the above DST is for the United Kingdom.
Please be aware that the North American Daylight Savings kicks in on March 13th.

Sign-ups & Liveries: Because these events are being held in the club, there will be no sign up thread and the liveries will not be permanently reserved by any of the drivers.
The sign-ups will occur the same way they always do in the club...Through the event's thread. There are 36 slots open for drivers.

There are 20 skins included with the mod. The skins will be nominated by the drivers for each event in the sign-ups. Since there are potentially more drivers then there are skins, each skin may be used by two different drivers per event. None of the skins may be chosen twice until all 20 skins have been already nominated.

Because this is being held in the club, I want to keep things simple and running smoothly, therefor there will be no additional liveries allowed other than the ones already included in the mod.

Rules:

If you cause a driver to spin, you must wait and give back the position.

No less than two tires on the tarmac at all times. No exceptions.

There is no chatting during qualification and only "Thank you" and "Sorry" will be allowed during the race, nothing else.

You may only flash your lights to let someone know they are being lapped (no excessive flashing please, one or two flashes is more than enough). You may also use the flashing as "Thank you" once the person lets you through.

You may not flash the driver in front of you if you are fighting for position and you believe this driver is slower than you and holding you back. It is your responsibility to pass the driver in front of you safely.

Lapping...The driver being lapped will not be required to go off the track and ruin their race to let the lapper through. Everyone is racing here, even the guys in the back. The lapped driver will, as early and as safely as he can, move over and let the lapper through.

A more elaborate and complete version of the rules can be found here.

Points: Even though this is being held in our club, I thought it would be nice to add a bit of a competitive edge and include a points system. Therefor, there will be a champion of the series and results will be published for all events and posted in the event's thread.

Points Structure: (plagiarized from RDHGP, hehe)

P01 - 25 pts
P02 - 22
P03 - 20
P04 - 18
P05 - 16
P06 - 15
P07 - 14
P08 - 13
P09 - 12
P10 - 11
P11 - 10
P12 - 9
P13 - 8
P14 - 7
P15 - 6
P16 - 5
P17 - 4
P18 - 3
P19 - 2
P20 - 1

To keep it simple, no extra points will be awarded for fastest laps or getting pole during qualification.

Remember that there are 2 races per event, so you will have a total of 16 opportunities to get points.

Server & Passwords:

We will use the same server name we use every week in the club...Racedepartment.com GTL.

The password is the current password being used for the club and it can be found here.

The most important thing to remember: Have fun!!!!!!!!!

I have a few questions about race day. I read the rules but I'm looking for clarification, thanks.

-Quali- so as I understand, we leave the pits, do a warm-up lap and then hell bent for leather, one glorious lap for pole? Everyone altogether has 10 minutes to get it done?

-Is there a warm-up period after quali before the drop of the green flag?

-is there a formation lap?

-standing or rolling start?

In order-

1. Quali - Correct - if you stuff up your attempt, that's it I'm afraid - it's only 1 attempt. You don't keep going until you get a time.

2. No - GT Legends goes from quali to Race with just a 30 sec countdown. We won't be rolling sessions forward early, so you should have an idea of how long to go.

3. No - straight into the Race

4. Standing.

Stu can we have the server replay from last night please. For some reason my GTR2 and GTL wont record any more then 20sec of a replay and I have it all turned on I have even had a look in my plr to see if I can find out why but no joy.

To fix the Disappearing Replay issue (bear in mind, this fix can mean the replay folder fills up fairly quickly - so pruning and discipline may be needed)

Warren said:
Go to your .plr file, open it and change the following line under [Game Options] to
Replays Dated="1" // Replays have date in filename
The default setting is "0" which automatically overwrites older replays at the same track.

We'll try and stick up the server replay too.

Thanks for putting it up mate.

On the other issue with the replays I have mine set to that but the replay for every thing I do its only 20 sec long even hot laps ie my car does not even leave the pit box and the replay is over. I just cant see why its doing it. It does it with P&G as well

Thanks for putting it up mate.

On the other issue with the replays I have mine set to that but the replay for every thing I do its only 20 sec long even hot laps ie my car does not even leave the pit box and the replay is over. I just cant see why its doing it. It does it with P&G as well

Are your replays dated? If not, the exact same thing you describe will happen.

After a race, you'll stay for a bit and chat, the track will change, and then you'll leave the server.
If the replays aren't dated, your replay will be only the part after the last track change -> about 20 seconds of nothing.

Are your replays dated? If not, the exact same thing you describe will happen.

After a race, you'll stay for a bit and chat, the track will change, and then you'll leave the server.
If the replays aren't dated, your replay will be only the part after the last track change -> about 20 seconds of nothing.

I will dubble check tonight when i am on my pc and report back with my findings.

Neil, you don't have an account at altbierbude? It's very easy to register and we get a lot of stuff from there.

If there is no way for you to register, let me know and I will upload it somewhere, but it takes 2 minutes for you to register and a lot longer than that for me to upload all the tracks that are hosted there that we are gonna be using in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%