Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Mexico City 88 (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (12 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (12 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Ian Strom - #1
  2. Senad Subasic - #2
  3. Tim Ling - #8
  4. Stuart Thomson - #9
  5. Knut Omdal Tveito - #14
  6. Eck Simpson - #15
  7. Markus Hakamo - #16
  8. Peter Van Zanten - #18
  9. David Cuthill - #27
  10. Roland Warmenhoven - #28
  11. Ross Garland - #33
  12. Jacob Boonstra - #37
  13. Jack Smith - #40
  14. Driver - #45
  15. Driver - #70
  16. Driver - #83
  17. Driver - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I hate SKY and there abismal connection. Racing was going very well too...

Grats to Roland, Knut and Dave... (I can't remember what order they were in except Roland was most definitely first... I was facing the wrong way, as Knut and Dave finished... lol.) For race one. Sorry to all those who got caught up, in the first start mess up. I can't believe this is nearly finished... Please sir, can I have some more?...

Whomever gets the second race win, grats to you and those who share the podium with you.

Thanks to Stu, RD and everyone who turned out.

I don't think it was Sky, Eck. Me and Stuart suffered a rather odd server/connection type error too at exactly the same moment.

In Race 1 I got a good start but ran into a car sliding it's way sideways across the grid! I survived ok but then messed up T1 completely and ended up in last place. Other people going off got me back up to 8th, and that's where I stayed for the rest of the race, lapping on my own for the most part.

In Race 2 I got another good start. I seem to have a bit of a talent for getting off the line. It's just a shame I lack the general driving ability required to take advantage of it! I was running fairly well for the most part, watching Eck disappear off into the distance while trying to defend against three drivers that were clearly faster than me.

Then all of a sudden I come across Eck frozen in the middle of the track, which was closely followed by those behind me disappearing altogether. I crossed the line and the pitboard said 8th place and 95 seconds behind everyone else! Huh?! Oh well, nevermind. Probably would have ended up in 8th anyway eventually. :p

Congrats to Roland, Knut and Dave and to whoever gets a podium in Race 2. :)

Great stuff tonight. As good as it gets in race 1 with four of us cleanly bumper to bumper for most of the race. Finished 3rd only because Eck spun at the finish line. Was a pleasure just to be part of it.

Race 2, got off in front pretty quickly then Knut was soon behind. An intense race to the line to keep it all in check. Managed to stay in front for a 1st place.

Really enjoying the BOSS cars. The big muscle boys are not my thing but the weight transfer on this big boy really gives a seat-of-the-pants feel to keep you on edge. Thanks Stuart.

I'm down with a cold again and tonight I was looking forward to some nice relaxing laps at the back to keep the fever at bay. I failed miserably at my plan and instead I ended up with two excellent races:D

In Race 1 I started second last. At the start I was navigating through what looked like a war-zone at the S/F straight and after first lap I had gained several positions.Spent the rest of the race in close combat with Eck, David and Roland. Great stuff!

2nd race I decided to qualify after the decent success of R1 and ended up in 3rd iirc. Got past Eck off the line and ended up right behind David. For the rest of the race I had some great laps chasing David and getting very close towards the last lap. Throughout the race Eck was catching me but unfortunately he disconnected.

Thanks Stuart for organizing and thanks all comrades that showed up. Hopefully I will see you all at the final.

Had not planned on being able to participate today due to other issues so I never signed up but I arrived home with just enough time to sign up, load the track and get on board before qualie. Tough track but all tracks seem a hugh challenge with the Boss. Still had fun as always. Just wish I could have been more consistant. Yes I lost focus several times .....as I heard Peter ask, and I had more than my fair share of slow spins when trying to accelerate coming out of some corners and making donuts in the grass ( mic turned off at the time Pete and I decided to keep quiet as my driving was making enough noise and I did not want to be more of a distraction). :oops:

Wd Roland and David on the podiums. Thanks Stu for the time spent in setting things up and cheers to drivers. Sounded like a fun time was happening during the races, other than the lost connections for several racers.

These Boss events just keep entertaining, thanks Stu for organazing and everyone who participated. Congrats to Roland, Knut and David to for R1 podium, and actually they just reversed the order in R2 :)

R1 started from back 9th or 10th grid after messing the quali big hand. However the start behind front grids seemed quite a lottery and suddenly I found myself on 3rd. Getting off the line was nothing spectacular, guys in front got clearly better launch. But while navigating through "the war zone" as Knut put it well, it was actually an advantage to be slightly further back, I had good visibility all the time and was able to go full throttle almost all the way through to T1.

David and Roland were battling ahead me, and i tried keep eye on situation to find an overtaking opportunity. At first Knut was 4...5 s behind, but was catching rapidly, then around lap 3...4 in final Peraltada sweeper, I was trying to gain good exit speed and was a bit too hard on throttle and probably slightly off the line, lost the rear and went accross the track spinning. Fortunately guys behind ( Knut & Eck ?)managed to avoid me. I hit the wall and steering wheel was tilted a bit otherwise car felt mostly ok. After that Stuart was catching me and we had good duel where I failed to defend my position in closing laps laps, so fished 6th.

R2 started 5th but mediocre start and T1 dropped me to 8th. I had good time competing with Stuart and Ross until they both suddenly disconnected. After that I had few laps good racing with Jacob, which I finally messed at T1 braking where I locked rear when trying to defend and again merry go round and round and round :) Finished 5th.

Waiting for the last chapter of the season on next week!

OH YES! I DID IT!! I actually WON a Boss race!:eek:
And I think it was the slowest victory in Boss history.. :p LOL. My best race 1 lap was over a second off my qualy lap, which in turn was over a sec from pole.
BUT.. since, like Ross G., my starting skills have improved lately, I managed to jump from 4th to 1st at R1 start. Much to my own surprise I must say!
However, since both my setup- and driving skills are not quite up to par to say the least, immediately I was hounded by David and Markus, who obviously had way better pace but both were very clean, and due to some off-the-line mayhem behind us it took the other aliens Eck and Knut some 4 or 5 laps to catch up with us.

Much to my own surprise -again- I was still in the lead by then, so my plan to make up in Wideness what I lacked in pace seemed to work better than expected:D . I must add this was mainly due to immaculate clean gentleman driving from all guys involved.

So with complete disregard for my tires I decided to try make this last as long as possible, which resulted in me being ridiculously slow on the twisty part every single lap but nonetheless keeping everyone behind me!!
What a crazy race, but fantastically great fun!

With my head still in the clouds my Q2 was far from great, getting 7th on the grid.
However, I had another flying start and got to turn 1 as 3rd behind David and Knut, who quickly started vanishing into the distance leaving me with Eck on my tail who clearly had no interest in another sightseeing tour behind my slow ass.. so I tried but had to give in soon enough, leaving me alone on track with no one near, until a strange simultaneous disco for Eck, Ross and Stu landed me back in 3rd until finish, but it felt a bit like a stolen podium for me..:confused:

Grats to David and Knut, big thanks to all racers who made this another great race night. Special thanks to Stuart for bringing us these.. Oh and lets not forget the great little improvised Demolition Derby afterwards :D:D.

Sorry I missed yet another Boss race, I was just too tired to race safely.

@Roland Unless I'm very much mistaken, the person in the picture had breasts, which would make her a female, unless you were in Thailand when you took it.

..Unless I'm very much mistaken, the person in the picture had breasts, which would make her a female, unless you were in Thailand when you took it.
Ah Tim, well at least you survived your dangerous explorations..
:D Well, considering I've never been to Essex OR Thailand, and I DID get the spray tan, the stilettos and the bleach right, those might as well be puffed-up manboobs:eek: for all I know.
But I guess that this was not what you meant then..:p

And Ian, I never said that, wrote that, or implied anything like that AT ALL!! Comments like this one are for your own account, (and would be considered somewhat rude over here.) I just hope that Stuart has a broad sense of humour and some thick (naturally sun tanned:D) skin.. And remember he also still has that Banhammer lying around somewhere

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%