Boring loading

is there anyway to change it when loading a race where you get that boring grey screen with tiny AC logo in the middle, a picture of some cars racing would look much nicer!!!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 355
after we started discussing whether or not he was pirating the game
There's no discussion to begin with, only constant, endless derailment from you. All you're doing is digging your own grave more and more and making yourself look like a victim.

Calm down. Because your very own initial post is now off-topic.

I only told (showed actually with a screenshot from the current version) the OP that in the current version we have more things in the loading screen and not only a tiny AC logo like he mentioned.
To anyone with any bit of common sense (that is to say, the majority of people who have posted in this thread), that is an accusation of piracy, hence it's on you. And no, text that can already easily be inferred from elsewhere in the game doesn't make the loading screen any less empty, so you're going to have a hard time hiding behind that, frankly.

if you gave the OP some breathing room to answer
Coming from the same person complaining earlier that the guy barely had any posts since 2013?

Last edited:
Ugh... I usually want to kill developers/publishers who use a game I *paid* for to stuff advertisements down my throat.
If it means the DLC is cheaper and the system is less draconic than it is now (not allowing anyone to join servers that have even a single car from a pack you don't own even if you don't want to drive that car), I'd gladly welcome it. You gotta make some compromises sometimes.

Hypothetically: if someone has no interest in a given DLC, he's still getting forced to watch the ads. So I don't see this as a fair solution (anyway a hypothetical one).

On a broader sense it's something I simply reject the principle of. Games used to be 40 bucks, with cardboard box, manual, maps. Then all that got cut, down to DVD cases and electronic distribution, for the argument of "production costs". Even though the sales numbers have increased (wider market, consoles etc.). Prices went up as high as 60 or 70 bucks depending on platform. Gamer's private data is mined and sold for market research. And then on *top of that* then some publishers came out and started dropping ads into games (Deus EX HR, Enemy Territory Quake Wars...)

Now certainly for a niche product like AC the maths are different and I'm all for giving Stefano and Aris a bit of extra income. But I'd rather do so by donation or a kickstarter-type thing than setting yet another precendence for milking the last monetization drop out of paying customers.

The problem with ideals in cases like this is that it paints an overly black&white image and you become too rigid and dismissive of positive exceptions, and they sure as hell can happen.

Hypothetically: if someone has no interest in a given DLC, he's still getting forced to watch the ads. So I don't see this as a fair solution (anyway a hypothetical one).
The very big difference between a regular ad, say, on TV, is that you're not doing anything whatsoever on the loading screen in the first place and not losing any extra time. So long as the game doesn't force you to wait any longer than you already are (and you'd obviously assume this to be the case given the existence of multiplayer) and only shows you ads made by Kunos themselves for their own products, I don't think any sort of comparison can be made to other forms of advertising. As such, being "forced" to watch them is, quite frankly, no worse than being "forced" to wait for the game to load, so I don't see the problem here.

Games used to be 40 bucks, with cardboard box, manual, maps.
Believe me, if games today were as they were back in the day, we would've gone through more than just another video game crash like the one in 1983. These days, development can and usually will continue past the point where the game is ready for release (which is usually decided before release day, hence any day 1 patches or DLC), and that sort of effort needs to be repaid separately. I used to be more skeptical about this, but now that I understand more about the process of developing modern games, it really isn't so bad. Besides the rare cases where the developers really are being shady, there's no real reason to expect these extras to be cheaper or even free. Obviously that goes for the games themselves too - the sheer number of people required to develop a game now has gone up by several magnitudes, and they're all naturally gonna expect to get paid for their work. If $40 was reasonable back then, $60 is reasonable now since the process of developing a full-price game, discounting things such as technological advancements, has certainly become more than 50% more complex.

Prices went up as high as 60 or 70 bucks depending on platform.
Almost entirely down to the publishers and distributors, and usually from what I've seen, the platform makes far less of a difference than the scale of the game or the region where it's being sold. Where I am, I am actively being screwed over by Steam for instance since our average salary is less than half that of countries in the west, yet the prices remain the same. Most of the time, however, not only is this at least partially out of the hands of the developers, but they would also be hurt by the very real threat of things such as resellers if they tried to go easy on the prices in certain regions.

Gamer's private data is mined and sold for market research.
This one I'm willing to give you, but so far I haven't seen targeted advertising (the main end result of this - market research usually goes hand in hand with this) being used for anything other than, well, itself, which I'd usually prefer over generic advertising if I was forced to watch ads. Plus, do you have any proof that this is or would be happening with AC in this scenario?

Last edited:
There's no discussion to begin with, only constant, endless derailment from you. All you're doing is digging your own grave more and more and making yourself look like a victim.

Calm down. Because your very own initial post is now off-topic.

To anyone with any bit of common sense (that is to say, the majority of people who have posted in this thread), that is an accusation of piracy, hence it's on you. And no, text that can already easily be inferred from elsewhere in the game doesn't make the loading screen any less empty, so you're going to have a hard time hiding behind that, frankly.

Coming from the same person complaining earlier that the guy barely had any posts since 2013?
So I did the derailment, Bram none of it? The thread could have died right after my post showing a screenshot of comparison between an old and new version of the game's loading screen. But people started talking about whether or not he pirated the game and that off topic didn't start with me, although I contributed to it later.
My first post here was for OP to come back to his thread and reply to this loading screen subject he started and also talk about the differences between old and new version of the loading screen. What happened? People started talking about whether or not he was pirating the game. Reread the first page if you have doubts about that, and at least be fair, not biased.

I don't even care much if he pirated or bought the game (obviously I care that people buy the games they play since is fair for the ones who worked on it), but I've participated in helping several people who come to Steam Discussions for help and they don't own the game. So everyone is taking this out of proportion for the simple fact that I didn't understand why he was showing us 1.0.2 loading screen to which I replied by taking a screenshot from the latest game version, 1.13.2, to bring the counter argument that the loading screen doesn't contain only a "tiny AC logo in the middle". For this I need to be attacked tirelessly? Read and conceptualize what I wrote before replying again.

The thread could have died
Irrelevant as people could've very easily still replied later. The only reason the thread filled up was because you made the mistake of assuming he was a pirate based off a YouTube screenshot and then got defensive over it with a mod. Matter of fact, it's among the first image results when you look up "Assetto Corsa loading" - if he cared about the text added after that, he would've said as much, thus making your post off-topic at best and malicious at worst.

and that off topic didn't start with me
You're not being consistent here, are you?

I didn't understand why he was showing us 1.0.2 loading screen
He's old and thus unlikely to always have a current screenshot at hand. Do you carry your AC screenshots with you to work?

I'm not gonna bother filling up the thread any further since calling you out is both a waste of time and most likely not very enjoyable for the mods.

Irrelevant as people could've very easily still replied later. The only reason the thread filled up was because you made the mistake of assuming he was a pirate based off a YouTube screenshot and then got defensive over it with a mod. Matter of fact, it's among the first image results when you look up "Assetto Corsa loading" - if he cared about the text added after that, he would've said as much, thus making your post off-topic at best and malicious at worst.

You're not being consistent here, are you?

He's old and thus unlikely to always have a current screenshot at hand. Do you carry your AC screenshots with you to work?

I'm not gonna bother filling up the thread any further since calling you out is both a waste of time and most likely not very enjoyable for the mods.
Wow wow, all your posts are excuses for this person.
Why would I reverse search a screenshot he posted? Why would I search on google "Assetto Corsa loading". Is easy to bring arguments from hindsight that fit the bias.

I don't carry any screenshots with me anywhere. I simply opened the game and took a fresh screenshot. Isn't that what people should do when they make suggestions or look for help like the OP? Bring up to date information to be helped better. Is not my fault that he brought a v1.0.2 screenshot instead of taking one from the current game version.

In the first place actually, why are you interpreting that I accused him of not owning the game? I could go right now and download an old version of the game and open a thread asking for help with a technical issue. Then I give my logs and take some screenshots. People trying to help will realize I'm using an old version of the game instead of the most recent one. See, doesn't mean I'm pirating the game, only that I'm using an old version that is no longer relevant.

OP's argument of "grey background with tiny AC logo" comes from an old version of the game that is no longer relevant. So I showed him that currently the loading screen has more things. Only replacing the background image doesn't make the loading screen not empty, so actually the loading screen improved compared to old versions of the game.

@Radu Oros we are going to end this discussion here.

Next time when this happens I am simply going to put my foot down instead of actually trying to explain things. If you or other people accuse other members in public without substantial evidence we are going to label that as false content which goes directly against our terms of service.

This thread wasn't about being or not being a pirate. I stepped in as I don't want you lot ganging up on members like that. Especially not as we are having an explicit banner notice at the top of the page showing:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

When there is actual proof to back up the OP is a pirate you or anybody else can get in contact with us or simply report the post and add it there directly. Until then this subject is off limits in this thread.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back