1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booted as a possible cheat?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Not_Lifting_off, May 28, 2008.

1. Not_Lifting_off

Not_Lifting_off

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got booted of a server as a possible cheat, well thats what the message was, how does that work?
    Apart from tracks i have no other changes made to my online install, i have a few skins installed but thats it.
    Whats that all about, is it a generic message or are there particular reasons for it?
    the server was digitalslipstream i think and the track was brno, i just tried to get back on it but its not there, it may have been a 1 off, who knows.
    Could it have anything to do with the steam update yesterday?

2. Attila Domján

Attila Domján

Ratings:
    +20
    Main reason can be, if the track version you have is not matching with the track version from the server, some of the files are not identical. I assume it was on addon track, not original from the game?

3. Not_Lifting_off

Not_Lifting_off

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,
    i edited my first post, it was an original track, brno, ive never had it before, its kinda disturbing lol paranoia setting in :)

4. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,278
    It is a good setting to be honest. The slightest datamismatch gets detected. So if it only happens at that server, maybe they have something modified?

5. Raino Priha

Raino Priha

Ratings:
    +0
    I got once booted from some server shortly after I joined it. The message was that some BMW file (can't remember what exactly it was) did not match but it only happened on that one server. At first I thought there was something wrong with my hard drive, some game files got corrupted or something like that but I didn't have any problems with other servers I tried after that.

6. Attila Domján

Attila Domján

Ratings:
    +20
    Then most probably on that specific server they modified the game/track files. Dont ask me for what reason, it could be anything...

You will never get this message on our servers though, unless you modify your own files. :)

7. Not_Lifting_off

Not_Lifting_off

Ratings:
    +1
    Agree about it being a good setting.
    Ive been on that server before and it hasnt happened, not sure if i was at that track then tho, no worries, i know i dont but it sorta shocked me.

Not going to happen here, it defeats the object and makes taking any part pointless.