1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booted as a possible cheat?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Not_Lifting_off, May 28, 2008.

1. I just got booted of a server as a possible cheat, well thats what the message was, how does that work?
    Apart from tracks i have no other changes made to my online install, i have a few skins installed but thats it.
    Whats that all about, is it a generic message or are there particular reasons for it?
    the server was digitalslipstream i think and the track was brno, i just tried to get back on it but its not there, it may have been a 1 off, who knows.
    Could it have anything to do with the steam update yesterday?
  2. Main reason can be, if the track version you have is not matching with the track version from the server, some of the files are not identical. I assume it was on addon track, not original from the game?
  3. Hello,
    i edited my first post, it was an original track, brno, ive never had it before, its kinda disturbing lol paranoia setting in :)
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

It is a good setting to be honest. The slightest datamismatch gets detected. So if it only happens at that server, maybe they have something modified?
  5. I got once booted from some server shortly after I joined it. The message was that some BMW file (can't remember what exactly it was) did not match but it only happened on that one server. At first I thought there was something wrong with my hard drive, some game files got corrupted or something like that but I didn't have any problems with other servers I tried after that.
  6. Then most probably on that specific server they modified the game/track files. Dont ask me for what reason, it could be anything...

You will never get this message on our servers though, unless you modify your own files. :)
  7. Agree about it being a good setting.
    Ive been on that server before and it hasnt happened, not sure if i was at that track then tho, no worries, i know i dont but it sorta shocked me.

Not going to happen here, it defeats the object and makes taking any part pointless.