1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Boost Mapping

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Ivo Simons, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can somebody explain how Boost mapping work?
    What is better? Rad 4 with boost 3 or Rad 3 with boost 2?
    And what is temporary boost?

Some questions. But i want to understand how it works. :)

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Boost hasnt much to do with the radiator i am affraid. Boost is more like a turbo kind of thing. The higher you set it the more power your car gets:
    - allows your engine to over rev
    - uses more fuel
    - damages the engine health

With the radiator you allow your engine to suck more or less air, which influences the temperature of your water and oil.

3. Higher boost can get the engine hotter too - usually because it revs higher.

4. What was said above ^^^

The boost can wear the engine out allot in the race though even if your temps are good, so becarefull.

Temporary boost is like a boost button in champ cars, or like kers if it was created well enough :p

What is better? All depends on the physics in each mod.

5. Oke thanks. But if you hit the boost button. It goes from if you run 1, to 3?

6. You can assign boost to certain buttons. Decrease & Increase, from 1-* . It's better that way in F1 as you can go from 1 boost to 6 or whatever without much problem depending on the situation in a race.

7. Yeah i already have that. So temporary boost is the same if you just set your boost to 3 with increase in the race?

8. Temp boost don't need that unless the mod supports it.

9. I noticed in running in the LMS Race last night at Fuji, i left my Boost Mapping on 5, so it drank alot of fuel and i only got 50 mins to a fuel tank, where as the others where getting an hour.

10. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

I got almost Hour and 10 mins off my Full tank in GT1 class on Boost Map 1.

11. Yesterday, I forgot change boost mapping and the engine said stop xDDDD. Only 8 laps at boost 3 :S It was a noob FAIL! xDDD

12. 8 laps :O

I did the full race on boost map 5 in the Creation.

13. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

GT1 has max boost of 3. you were maxing the engine. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.