Resource icon

Other Bonnet cameras fix 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

Kuba Oczos

Snoopy
Kuba Oczos submitted a new resource:

Bonnet cameras fix - Bonnet camera positioning edit

I have corrected all bonnet cameras (called TV Cockpit ingame) to be more like in other racing titles, because I found them really off in Automobilista. Changed positioning and angles, centered on open wheelers.

I edited it to suit 45 degree FOV, so this is what suits best, however +/- 5 degree should be fine too. Screens have been taken at 1366x768 resolution.

I know, playing racesims using hood/bonnet camera is considered as a faux pas, but I have tiny 18,5" monitor, about...

Read more about this resource...

Great idea!! But is that a roof cam on the truck?

I think that all bonnet cams should be eye level, at the base of the windscreen, so as close to normal cockpit view as possible, but with a clear view for small monitors or just when you want to feel like you are in an open-wheel even when you're not ;)

Will these affect online racing?

I do prefer seeing some of my car's bonnet, this is why it might seem not as close to cockpit angle. I added a little tilt too. I had an Idea to make camera off-centered, I mean to put it on the side, where the driver sits, but abandoned it yet, because it is a bit tough, every car is different, and this kind of camera placement would not provide best possible angle for some cars.

Yes, it is a roof camera in Formula Truck, I simply did not have any better idea where to place the camera, because front of a truck is completely flat, so it would just seem like bumper cam. If you do not like truck cam just do not copy the folder with FTruck file ;)

And yes, it works online as well. Those are simply player settings, moving a camera, the same as you can do in cockpit view (ingame) pressing seat adjustments buttons, but sadly for other cameras you need to do it manually in game files because there is no such thing in game yet.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back